Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Proud as a Peacock!

Yes, I know that Proud as a Peacock is a well know phrase and there is a peacock theme to this table, but I have another reason to be proud - my daughter Emily actually did this tablescape!


She started with my gold striped tablecloth and added a purple peacock shawl she found at Pier 1 to use as a runner. Then a Pier 1 beaded charger under a turquoise glass vase which is filled with golden beaded stems and peacock feathers. Scattered all over are peacock hued glass marbles and acrylic jewels.



At each place she used peacock blue chargers (which were on clearance at Michael's), topped by a white plate, which is topped by a blue paper napkin and then a peacock cocktail napkin.


I found a different peacock cocktail napkin after I had taken these pictures, but add them here for some variety!

Under each glass is a peacock coaster, also from Pier 1.


Emily found some cute note cards at Barnes & Nobles, which we turned into place cards!


Peacock Salt and Pepper Shakers also from Pier 1.





On the mantle, we put a peacock feather wreath and surrounded it with some peacock ornaments from our Christmas collection. We used Emily's aqua glass candlestick holders and added my mini peacock tea pot.




Now, can you see why I am proud as a peacock? I think Emily did a great job!
This table would be beautiful anytime, but I love it for Mardi Gras!


I will be joining

Let's Dish with Cuisine Kathleen

and

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I can certainly see why you're proud of your daughter's table setting! It is beautiful and festive -- just fabulous. I would enjoy sitting at this table to enjoy a meal and conversation!

Marlis said...

I'd be proud as a peacock too. She did a fabulous job. Very creative in the items she used and the color theme.. Stunning.. xo marlis

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Jewel,

I honestly giggle when your said "Proud as Peacock". It sounded so cute.

Your daughter really had a good taste, like Mum, I guess.

Great job,

Greetings from D´Box of Stockholm,
/CC girl

Alycia Nichols said...

Well, right on, Emily!!!!! Kudos, girl!!! She's quite the talent! You have every right to be a proud Mama peacock!!!

The HOME GIRL said...

What a Beautiful peacock table!!! I love this! Your daughter did a wonderful job! =D

Marigene said...

Very pretty, with lots of colors that I love! Your daughter did a great job, Jewel.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Like Mother, Like Daughter! What a gorgeous table. Love the peacock theme, and I can't believe you have so may beautiful peacock accessories. Way to go Emily! You've learned well from your mother. laurie