Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

4th Anniversary - Barely Blue Winter Wonderland!



1/13/13 was the 4th anniversary of my blog - as we say in blogland, my 4th blogiversary!

I have met many wonderful blogging friends and seen so many beautiful tablescapes in the last three years! In honor of the "Big Day" I am re-posting my first post. As most of you know, it is now Tablescape THURSDAY and here is the link to Between Naps on the Porch. I am also linking to Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen!

 Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!


I have decided to use this blog to catalog my table settings. The first table of the year is Winter Wonderland: Barely Blue.

I am submitting this for Tablescape Tuesday hosted by Susan (Between Naps on the Porch).
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH: Tablescape Tuesday
Thanks Susan!

Photobucket

I didn't want all the sparkle to go away after I put up the Christmas decorations, so I decided that I would create a Winter Wonderland of ice and snow. I spay painted limbs silver and used icicle and snowflake ornaments as well as strung acrylic "jewels" in "Barely Blue" shades. I used Tiffany Blue tulle as a table runner over a slightly off-white table cloth and tulle on the mantle. I put blue "marbles" and clear acrylic pieces that look like cracked ice in a vase to hold the limbs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put the vase in the center of a silver wreath from Target and filled in the gap between the wreath and the vase with silver and blue Christmas ornaments.

On the mantle, I put limbs in a blue round vase and made a bow from blue and silver sheer ribbon. I hung jewels, icicles and ornaments in silver and blue on the limbs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beside the vase I put silver limbs and golden ferns from Target and silver poinsettias and wired pearls from Michaels. At the ends, I used silver mercury glass candle pillars with white fake candles embossed with silver snowflakes.

Photobucket

In the small white vases, I had small silver spray painted limbs with 3 silver ball ornaments.

On the table, I had mercury glass votive holders from Target in silver and icy green/blue, as well as two different types of clear snowflake holders. I also used small blue vases with white silk flower sprays. I also scattered acrylic jewels on the tulle.

Photobucket

At Cracker Barrel a few days after Christmas, I found these plates for 70% off. I originally thought my table would only have blue, silver and white, but these plates in ivory and gold were such a good deal I couldn't pass them up. The gold allowed me to use gold napkins and glassware with both gold and silver embellishment and I used gold and silver chargers. I also found ribbon with golden snowflakes at Michaels for 70% off which I tied for napkin rings.

Photobucket

Before I found the ribbon, I used silver napkin rings.

Photobucket

I will host my garden club on January 20th and use the table as a buffet. I am making cupcakes with fondant snowflakes. I have improvised a cupcake holder/tea tray with two platters and a cake stand from the 70% off Cracker Barrel sale, a flat topped glass bowl and a battery operated tea light.

Flash
Photobucket

No Flash to highlight the "Fire and Ice" effect
Photobucket

Comments and suggestions are welcomed! My table and this blog are a work in progress!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Jewel, Wow, you are so lucky that your first table fits in perfectly with Kathleen's party! You know, I always say Tiffany blue goes with everything! :) Your table is really pretty. I love the ornaments hanging on the branches over the table. It would be very magical to sit at this table. Linda

The HOME GIRL said...

Hi Jewel! This is a great table! I love this beautiful centerpiece, and your lighted 3 tier tray is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this! =D

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Jewel,

Oh my goodness... your mantel is all decked and I love the way you choose the color. I did choose aqua blue for a winter touch but mine is way far from your gorgeous treasures.

TY for sharing the settings and I surely take some inspirations from you and bring back home.

Greetings from a frozen Stockholm,
/CC girl

Alycia Nichols said...

Four years! Congratulations!!! This sparkly table fits perfectly with Cuisine Kathleen's theme this week, and it's a great table to reintroduce as a celebration of your blogging anniversary! I love all the bling! It's just what we need this time of year when it's blah and cold outside. If all this sparkle and shine can't lift your spirits, then I don't know what can! I can see that you put a lot of love and effort into this table four years ago, and you continue to do so each week. Happy Anniversary, and we all look forward to seeing more and more from you, sweet Jewel!

Entertaining Women said...

Congratulations on your 4th anniversary! I agree...this has been such a fun journey. Your first tablescape is perfect for Kathleen's challenge, and the Tiffany blue is always one of my favorites. Great find on the new dishes. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Beautiful frosty table Jewel. I love it.