Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Have a Crabby Fourth!

I can't believe the Fourth of July is just around the corner! I don't know what kind of holiday you are going to have but I am going to have a Crabby Fourth!

Photobucket

I will be linking with Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch and Tea Time Tuesday.

I started with my Flag Day Table that I shared last week (Click Here to see). But I found these cute crab plates at Target and low and behold they looked great on the Flag Day plates!

Photobucket

I kept the same tablecloth, place mats, Colonial shell flatware and clear stemware. But I used red and white striped paper napkins from Target which have a light blue crab on them.

Photobucket

I used a large clam shaped bowl that I got at Target years ago and filled it with light blue vase filler marbles. Then I added 3 red candles and a small crab (actually a spreader) and used this as my centerpiece.

Photobucket

I added various crab items that I had collected through the years (OK, the "cracker" is a lobster, but it's all in the crustacean family!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The round object above is meant to be a child's sippy cup, but I thought it could hold melted butter or tartar sauce.

On the mantle, I added some Target paper lantern shades.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I added a small crab plate and a crab tea towel to Uncle Sam's tea cart.

Photobucket

I hope you have a great Fourth of July!

Photobucket

11 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, my friend I'm in love with your crabby tablescape! The plates are terrific, so much fun...the mantel vignette's beautiful! Wonderful tea cart with uncle Sam and all your crab fun things...these is awesome! I just dropped from White Wednesday to visit you. Have a happy 4th. of July starting today! Hugs, FABBY

Kathleen said...

Love those crab plates, jewel! What a fun table!
Have a great 4 th. God bless America!

Marigene said...

Cute table, CJ...love the crab plates.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a fun and creative tablescape. I love the crab plates, now I want some crab. Perfect for the 4th. Hugs, Marty

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a fun table! Just love the blue-red-white combo...perfect for the festive time! Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Lynn said...

Lovin' your crabby plates-Have a Happy 4th:@)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, your post title is soooo cute, and what cute crab plates and crustavrsn accessories. The room looks so patriotic. Very clever to use the child's cup, and that clam bowl is wonderful. The paper lanters are cute, cute. Happy Independence Day! laurie

CNM said...

Oh those crab plates are too cute!!! What a great tablescape!

Have a wonderful Independence Day!

http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com/2011/06/stars-and-stripes-and-checks-and-polka.html

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How cute -- nobody could feel "crabby" at your delightful table. Love the red white and blue and crab decor too!

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

LOVE IT...crabby plates! gotta smile when you set a crabby table huh? Well I am sure you have heard all the jokes by now!! I will just say I am your newest follower and leave it at that~giggle~ Oh I do have to mention the crochet pieces on your chairs....they are GORGEOUS!!!

~~Wendy

labbie1 said...

Lovely!!! Happy 4th to you!!!