Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Foodie Friday - Bean Dip!

For Foodie Friday I am sharing a recipe that it a Family Favorite - Nacho Bean Dip.
Thank you Gollum for hosting Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!
Photobucket

I admit it doesn't sound that exciting and it doesn't photograph that well, but it is my two girl's favorite food of all times. I first had this in the early 80's when I friend brought it to a potluck. She shared the recipe, which she got out of Southern Living, with me. When we moved to the town we currently live in, I carried it to a party and was surprised that no one had ever had it before. One of the product used in the original recipe (a bean dip) was discontinued and I started substituting canned refried beans for it. If anything, it improved the recipe. I put the modified recipe in my church cookbook in the early 90's and it has become something I am locally "famous" for ever since.

It is requested by my daughters and their friends at all their gatherings. One friend calls it the "Life Changing Bean Dip." They have even tagged it on Facebook!!!!

OK, here are 2 pictures. I am warning you, that it isn't pretty.

Photobucket

One of my online friends photographed it and added a layer of salsa on top to make it more photogenic! Here is her picture:
Photobucket

The recipe is on Recipezaar. (I promise I am not a shill for them, I have just been a member for years and have my recipes there and have tried and photograped lots of recipes for events. It's fun!)

Jewel's Nacho Bean Dip

I hope you enjoy it! Be sure and stop by Designs by Gollum for more great foodie posts!:D Jewel

30 comments:

PAT said...

It looks wonderful! I know my family would love this.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh boy, my family loves bean dip. Great recipe, I will definitely try it. Hugs, Marty

bj said...

Looks fabulous...my family and I will LOVE it...

xinex said...

What do you mean not pretty? This looks really pretty and looks very good too!...Christine

Foley said...

My family would love this.. plan on taking it to the next family gathering!
Your photo is great...

ellen b. said...

Love beans and this looks like a yummy dip!

imjacobsmom said...

Looks wonderful! Jacob would love this! ~ Robyn

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Bo said...

Hi Jewel...you had me at cream cheese & sour cream...this is a gotta-do recipe! YUM! Thanks for sharing! ;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

asa I get the ingredients,I am going to try it.I love bean dip anyway.And if it's got cream chesse,sour cream and or cheese in it.you know it's good...Ann

Rattlebridge Farm said...

You were so sweet to share this recipe! This is a definite keeper! It looks delicious--I'm sending Bandwith to Publix for the ingredients.

Chandy said...

Jewel, you're funny! Any good bean dip is a pretty sight and delicious, too! Thanks for sharing this today...

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl this looks so YUMMY!! and I know my Len would love this...thanks for sharing it...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

That recipe looks wonderful! I just love cheese! And your post on your "Easter Fare" looked fantastic! Yummy! Linda

Kristen said...

I think the picture looks great! And the recipe sounds wonderful!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

oh my... the ONLY problem with this recipe is that I would be the one eating it all! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I'm so going to make this. I've already printed out the recipe. I'm kind of famous (in my small circle of family & friends) for my salsa (I just used the recipe that came with the salsa maker at the fair), so the dip would be a great companion to my salsa. Thanks!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Fantastic. My girls will love it, too -- I am cracking up that it's on Facebook. Oh well, so is my dog!

And, of all silly things, my husband.

Thanks for the recipe, looks great!
Cass

Jeanne said...

Mmmmm. this looks great in the last photo. It makes lots and for my big family that's a positive.

Hugs...Jeanne

Kathleen said...

There's food on facebook..who knew! Too funny!
Looks very good!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Looks YUM!
And your tablescape is great! I have an 18 year old son, who will be graduating this year...."Bama".
Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

My husband is going to love you after I make this. laurie

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I tried this recipe last night and my son and I enjoyed it. I used it as a topping to my nachos and my son used it as a stuffing for his burritos.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope if you like lace chargers that you get some. I just thought they were very pretty and very affordable. It would be fun to see all the gorgeous tablescapes with them just like the Target bird salt and peppers. Neat fun. Hugs, Marty

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I am not sure how I found you, but I sure am glad I did. Thank you for your kind comments. It's nice to find a fellow Carolina Fan!!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Jewel,
I want to make your bean dip! It looks fabulous and the southern living recipes are so good. I just started getting it and I have to say it is better than Midwest Living. Have a great week-end, Cindy

Martha said...

We love bean dip -- I'll have to try yours -- of course, I think husband Jim would eat anything off of a tortilla chip!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Thanks girl for coming by and seeing my bunnies..and you are so right about Hospice they do a wonderful job..I seen the love they gave to my Mama and brother before they died and it was Wonderful..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Diana LaMarre said...

Gotta try this one. Even at 5:30 in the morning, it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the rcipe.

JudyBug said...

Oh this looks yummy, I'm a member at RZ also. It's the first place I go to look for a recipe. I love the ability to sort it by the ranking and read comments.
Judybug