Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Food Friday - Easter Fare

For Foodie Friday hosted by Gollum at Designs by Gollum.
Photobucket

Gollum's theme this week is Train Wrecks and while I have had a few, I never photograph them. My worst culinary train wreck in recent memory is when I was brining some pork chops for dinner. Friends called and wanted us to meet them at a local restaurant. We said yes and had a great time figuring that we'd have the chops the next night. The next night they were so brined that I had made ham. Not what we were expecting!!!!

I wanted to share with you my Easter menu from last year which ties in with my Tablescape post of yesterday. My younger daughter and my brother and Easter were all within a week of so of Easter, so we had the whole family. I had made a menu on Recipezaar and here it is. Click on the link for my menu Easter/Family Birthdays 2008 - You can find individual recipes in the menu or by clicking on the links below.

Here are some pictures.

The sideboard with Broccoli Salad
Photobucket

Zesty Carrots
Photobucket

Deviled Eggs
Photobucket
Starring this little guy - Deviled Egg Chicks!
Photobucket

Barbecued chicken breasts
Photobucket

We never got a picture of the Ham!?! Oh well, there's always this year!

I hope you enjoy this Foodie Friday and stop by Gollum's for more wonderful dishes! :D Jewel

21 comments:

Four Paws and Co said...

Yummm, everything looks so wonderful & I bet it was gone in a matter of moments! ♥ Diane

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

YUM!! I love the chicken egg girl too funny..Happy FOODIE FRIDAY to you...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Rattlebridge Farm said...

This is what I call Good Eatin. I love it when a sideboard is packed with food. It was always that way at my greatgrandmother's house!
Those eggs are adorable!

Stacey said...

I'm going to have to try those eggs! Your dinner all looks de-licious. :)

Kristi said...

Everything looks so yummy! I love deviled eggs and yours look delicious!

Chandy said...

Oh my, what a yummy sideboard! I can just stand there all day!

Happy Friday! Cute "chick"!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Yumm...everything looks great... I need to make some deviled eggs!

Susan

Miss Janice said...

Love all the food...it looks delish. But my eyes went directly to the egg in the middle...too cute!

susan said...

I make those cute little chick deviled eggs too. Labor intensive!! Your sideboard is beautiful!

Martha said...

Love those cute little chicks! How clever. Great menu.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You've got me licking my computer screen! That chick is the cutest!

Wendy said...

I love the picture of your Easter "spread" on your sideboard! I could just dive in...yummy! I love the egg chicken on your deviled egg plate...too cute. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Easter dinner.
Smiles,
Wendy

imjacobsmom said...

Cute little chick! I'm making them for Easter! Everything looks so good! My mouth is watering for that BBQ chicken and it's only 9:30! ~ Robyn

Kat said...

This all looks great, that little hatching egg is so cute! And and I just love broccoli salad, yours looks delicious. Kathy

Beth at Aunties said...

This truly looks so delicious. What a wonderful Easter buffet! The little 'chickie' eggs were so cute. I bet all enjoyed it!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a gorgeous sideboard brimming with delightful food! The little chickie deviled eggs are just adorable.

I'll bet those pork chops were a wee bit salty :-)

Foley said...

Your Easter layout looks fantastic - deviled eggs never lat long...

Cass @ That Old House said...

I love devilled eggs, but your Egg Chick is the BEST. Laughed out loud! Your sideboard looks fantastic, groaning under its bounty. Lovely spread -- ummm... how delicious!

Cass

Bo said...

Hi Jewel...The sideboard is looking mighty delicious! The Easter egg chick is the cutest thing...I've got to try that!
Happy weekend, ;-) Bo

Paula Bee said...

Wow! It looks delicious and I love your egg plate! Just beautiful! Love, Paula

kate said...

whoa, ill be right over!!
Im helping out Barb, from Grits and Glam
Im stepping up to do,
What on Your wall Wed.
Its not to late to join
thanks
kate