Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

"Gingerbread" House

Before we leave Christmas altogether, I wanted to share this "Gingerbread" House on Foodie Friday on Designs by Gollum. and Lady Katherine Tea Party for Tea Time Tuesday.

Photobucket

I got this cake pan from Williams Sonoma and it came with a gingerbread cake recipe, but our Christmas tradition is rum cake, so I just baked my rum cake recipe in the pan. The chimney actually goes all the way down, just like a regular Bundt pan! Here is another link to the Rum Cake recipe - shared many times by me!

It worked perfectly and then my daughter decorated it with icing and gum drops. Then she topped it all off with a dusting of powdered sugar.

Loved the pan - no sticking and all I did was spray with Baker's Joy.

So here is the Gingerbread House that is really a Rum House, but that just doesn't sound right!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kathiey's World said...

Looks great, I love it:-)

Donnie said...

hat looks very pretty and festive. The Rum Cake looks really good too.

Dreamgoddess said...

Jewel, what a cute gingerbread house! Your daughter did a fantastic job of decorating it.

Ann said...

What a great addition to your holidays! Thanks for posting a link to the recipe.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel