Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - MD and WV trip

It's time for Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure and visit her to see all the wonderful posts!
Photobucket

Over Labor Day weekend, DH & I went to Antietam Battleground in MD and Harper's Ferry, WV. It was so beautiful. I want to share a few photographs with you from our trip.

Here is Burnsides Bridge at Antietam.

185-8504_IMG

The state flower of Maryland is the Black-eyed Susan and they were blooming all around the battlefield.

185-8503_IMG

185-8502_IMG

185-8501_IMG

Here is a view of Harper's Ferry, West Virginia where the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers come together.

185-8511_IMG

Here is a butterfly I captured on a butterfly bush:

185-8516A_IMG

185-8515B_IMG

185-8518A_IMG

Happy Outdoor Wednesday! :D Jewel

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi D! Your photos are amazingly beautiful!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sue said...

Beautiful pictures....love theblack eyed Susans....

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, I love your pics! My hubby wants to head East next summer, we were in MASS. and Maine several years ago. This summer we were in WV as we were heading back home but did not have enough time to explore! Your pics are so pretty! Cindy

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Wow, this part of the country is so beautiful. Love that stone bridge!

My name is Riet said...

All such beautiful pictures .
Have a nice day

Brenda Pruitt said...

What beautiful photos! I love the black-eyed susan. Just picked up another pot of it yesterday at the garden center.
Brenda

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your photos are just stunning. It is so tranquil today, it's hard to comprehend the amount of blood that was shed here. Thank you for the images you've shared with us. Have a wonderful day.

Bonnie said...

Your photos are gorgeous. I especially love the first one of the Burnsides Bridge. You don't see bridges like that anymore. Beautiful.

Stayathomemommy said...

I love the photos! I love love the flowers. Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
Karrie

annies home said...

love the upclose pictures

Claudia said...

Ohhh how i am loving your shots.

The bridge especially.

I could not for the life of me find a butterfly this summer to capture-- very great shot of one for you!

If you get a chance please stop by and say hi!

TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥