Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

My Valentine's Day Centerpiece

Last year, when I took my Valentine's Day Centerpiece apart I took pictures as sort of a step by step. I thought I would share them on this blog.

First I gather the materials: a tray, my glass stacking cake plates, a round glass vase, a sherry or cordial glass, blown glass hearts in silver, red and pink (purchase from WalMart several years ago), ribbon, red and clear glass hearts.

Photobucket

First, I fill the glass vase about half way with loose hearts.
Photobucket

Then, I carefully slip the sherry glass into the vase, nestled among the hearts.
Photobucket

I add a few more hearts around the sherry glass.
Photobucket

I have tied ribbon through the hanging loop of 4 hearts and then tied a decorative bow over the knots.
Photobucket

I lay the ribbons on the smallest cake plate and then put the round vase on top.
Photobucket

I have 2 slightly longer ribbons connecting 4 more hearts that I lay over the medium cake plate.
Photobucket

Repeat with 2 even slightly longer ribbons and the largest cake plate.
Photobucket

Place the stacked cake plates on a tray and decorate the tray and the largest cake plate with red and clear glass hearts.
Photobucket

Carefully pour some water in the sherry glass if you are using fresh flowers. If using silk, obviously the water is not needed. I have used camellias from my yard, purchased tulips and silk roses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While on the subject of flowers, I wanted to share my amaryllis! They are blooming late this year, but they are beautiful! Here is one that is blooming right now - a double stalk!

Photobucket
Photobucket

One had just stopped blooming and developed another stalk, the one pictured above had two stalks together and their late blooming sibling is just now shooting two stalks up. The only problem is they are in Christmas pots!!!!! Oh well!

Photobucket

:D Jewel

4 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

This is so lovely! How creative are you, this centerpiece is so sparkly and fit for a valentine queen. Cindy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bo said...

Each piece of your creation is beautiful on its own, but when put together they look fabulous! What a
good idea it was to photograph it for future reference too. ;-) Bo

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Girl.. this is awesome... I've got to invest in some more glass cake stands.. I still have "yet" to get any Valentine decorations.. maybe today after I take hubby for his post op.. he can endure sitting in the truck waiting huh? lol.. thanks for the visit this morning.. after "having" to hang onto all the files, it feels great lightening the load.. have a super day my friend..hugs ~lynne~