Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
I have set my tea table with my rosebud chintz tea set. I got the set with 6 cups and saucers years ago from Ross Simon and later found the almost matching compote at a local Dollar Store!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is our antique pump organ in our parlor. It makes a nice place to display seasonal doo-dads.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This antique book was on display in the shop when we bought the organ, so we bought it also. The copyright date is in Roman numerals and my math is a little rusty!!!!
Photobucket

This heart was at Big Lots a few years ago and I thought it went well with my Victorian decor.
Photobucket

In my foyer, I have some conversation heart, but please don't try and eat them! They are glass ornaments.

Photobucket

Finally, for Debbie at "Confessions of a Plate Addict", here is my ironstone set which matches not only her mother's tureen, but her latest find!!!!
Photobucket

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! :D Jewel

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I drool every time I see those lovely chintz dishes, they are just gorgeous. You organ is beautiful and looks so pretty with all the decorations you have displayed. Your tea set is stunning, and yes I am sure that Debbie will be drooling also. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Hugs, Marty

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

WOW!!! I love your chintz.. no way you found the one piece at the Dollar Store.. girl I've got to stop in ours more often..however... they don't usually have beauties like this.. Happy Valentine's Day..
hugs~ lynne~

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What beautiful dishes and that organ is very cool. That tea set is awesome. Cindy

JudyBug said...

I love visiting you! Your pretties are always so charming. I have just a few pieces of the Rose Chintz but nothing like your fabulous collection!

Paula Bee said...

I am a bit under the weather today and stopping by your blog was just the pick me up I needed. Your dishes are beautiful as is your home! You have done a lovely job of decorating for Valentines day! I love to decorate for the holidays too. My home was built in 1873 and I love anything old. Your wallpapers were created in a town very close to me. They are gorgeous! I peeked around on your old blogs but didn't find any pictures of your kitchen or upstairs--I would love to see what you have done-- such a lovely job of restoring the exterior and the living room and dining room! Thanks for such a lovely visit to your home. Love, Paula

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Perfect Valentine's post...love your rose chinz china and that organ...WOW! Debbie is gonna have a fit over your ironstone! I'm am so excited because I just found a soup tureen on eBay recently...Yipee! I can join in on the ironstone club now! :-)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh my goodness!! I am coming around late because I had my grandson Valentine weekend...and what a wonderful surprise!! The pieces that match my mom's soup tureen are just gorgeous!! I love them! Just let me know if you ever want to get rid of them!! lol hugs...Debbie