Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Happy Flag Day with Betsy Ross!


Today is Flag Day and a great time to have a tea party with the famed flag maker, Betsy Ross! Of course, being a good patriot, Betsy prefers Liberty Tea, and herbal blend, since the tax on proper tea was one of the triggers for independence. 

On my tea table, I have my vintage Madame Alexander Betsy Ross doll dressed in Red, White, and Blue and holding a scrap of red and white striped fabric. She is surrounded by a porcelain box in the shape of flag she and George Washington are said to have created and a porcelain box Liberty Bell.


I have my Spode Pink Tower tea pot ready for the Liberty Tea with a Spode Blue Italian Sugar Bowl and a Spode Blue Room creamer. The tea cups are Royal Staffordshire American Heritage and show George Washington at Mount Vernon.


I added some flag pennants and some flag-inspired napkins with gold napkin rings to complete the table.

Happy Flag Day!!!

I will be sharing this with Between Naps on the Porch.


No comments: