Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

When will Autumn Leaves begin to Fall?

"Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall"
 Autumn Leaves, lyric by Johnny Mercer

Well I hope you have missed me! There have been many reasons for my blogging break - some good (trips, vacation) and some not so good (a parent's broken hip, my broken rib), but I am back! 

Fall is my very favorite time of year and always has been. Pumpkins, turkeys, the county fair, (usually) cooler weather and lower humidity, Halloween, Thanksgiving, the anticipation of Christmas - I just love it all!

Here are some selected scenes of fall around my house:



Walk on up the front steps but watch out for the various mums and pumpkins!

If you come around the side of the porch, I have a little fall flag to greet you!


I call my parlor mantle "The Pumpkin Patch" in the fall!
 And over at the tea table, I have tea for two ready!

I love how the morning light comes through the glass pumpkins!


Turkey and Pumpkins in metallic shades decorate the dining room mantle.


In the Billiards Room I am going for a Pheasant theme!




That's all I have to share today. If you noticed I didn't show you my dining room table. That's because there has been a delay renovating my sewing and craft room and right now the dining room table is covered with fabric!
My younger daughter Emily graduated from college last May and she and I have been sewing up a storm for our Etsy store, The Chapeau Chateau.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheChapeauChateau

We have added lots of items other than hats and fascinators and we have teamed up with Darwin's Screen Printing to do monogrammed pocket T-shirts. (Another thing that has kept me from blogging!) Please check out our store!

I will be linking to Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

No comments: