Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April Showers

April has been a busy month, so I haven't been able to blog! But I do want to share this before it's May!

Here is an April Shower tea party in my parlor. I used this centerpiece for a baby shower in March and decided to keep it up through April.

The parasol handle is secured in my vase with these decorative marbles.

li

Then I sewed teardrop shaped acrylic jewels to the parasol using silver thread.

And there you have it - an indoor shower!

Sharing with

7 comments:

Marigene said...

Gorgeous crocheted table topper! Cute idea for a tea party, Jewel.
Have a great week...

Kathleen said...

I love that umbrella! Can you share where you got it?
Do link this up next week , Jewel!

All The Pretty Dishes said...

This looks so pretty. I love how you held the parasol in place with the glass full of marbles.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! So romantic and stunning...Makes me want to run out and find one of those pretty parasols...Great job!
XO,
Christine

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful & unique! I love it! Thank you for sharing...
Blessings My Friend,

Tea in Texas said...

A pretty place for tea and the sweet cups and saucers are so dainty! I love your antique table and chairs by the windows. The umbrella centerpiece is perfect for a shaower with the lovely crystal! I love having tea on tea tables and tea carts. Hope you enjoy your tea table and have a cup of tea!

Pam

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, I don't know why I haven't seen this before now, but I'm so glad I got to see it. I love this! I have an umbrella like that. I love the little glass drops hanging from it, and the vase filled with marbles to stand it up. I'm going to be copying this idea some time. Of course, I don't have that wonderful round table with the beautiful topper on it. I need to borrow that! laurie