Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Magnolias and Butterflies

Well, I didn't mean to take such a long blogging break - but I hope you missed me and my tables! I will be sharing this with
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stoll Thru Life
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
My inspiration was the magnolia tree in my yard. This blossom just begged to come and be my centerpiece.
I put the bloom in a green vase on a green ruffled charger and decided that Mikasa Modern Butterfly on green ruffled chargers would complement the magnolia.
I added stemware and flatware and a small topiary place card holder.
If you notice the host and hostess, seated at the ends of the table are only having soup! That's because I only have 4 place settings of this china! Someday I will get more!!!
I was rather pleased with the table based on Magnolias and Butterflies.

11 comments:

Diane said...

Looks good to me and I love the gardenia. Diane

Tricia said...

Wow! That Mikasa pattern looks stunning on the green ruffled chargers! And the topiary placecard holders are SO darling! Great table to show off the gardenia and its greenery!

Diane said...

What a pretty table and I do adore Magnolia blossoms - fabulous inspiration!!

Kathleen said...

Welcome back! I can smell those flowers from here!
The china is gorgeous!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Bonnie said...

Those are the freshest real magnolias I've seen on a table. They smell so lovely and are beautiful but usually hard to reach and be able to use. Your table is very pretty.

Alycia Nichols said...

You are SO, SO lucky to have those beautiful magnolias right outside your door!!!!! The one you picked is picture perfect, and I just love the way it stands out to prominently on your table! Great choice on the accompaniments!!! The topiary place card holders are just too, too cute!!!

Entertaining Women said...

I am so glad that you shared your gorgeous magnolias with us...such a regal flower. The Mikasa Modern Butterfly is a wonderful pattern for your table, and I really like it with the green charger. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

FABBY'S LIVING said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the Mikasa beautiful dishes with the green chargers, just perfect and summery too. The magnolias are lovely and I can smell their lovely sent! Thanks for your wonderful visit, you make me so happy. Hugs,
FABBY

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What pretty dishes and a love the ruffled chargers!!

Scribbler said...

Thanks for visiting. Your china pattern is really pretty and I do hope you are able to find some more. The thrill of the chase is most of the fun, right?

Anonymous said...

HI Jewel! Oh, thank you so much for popping in to see me and your sweet comments about my glitter houses. That's nice of you to that about Pinterest too. Don't you just love Pinterest? Have a wonderful week.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)