Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

For the Birds, Two!

The birds are really singing today, so I am sharing a table from last spring celebrating them. Can you believe Daylight Savings Time starts on Sunday????!!!!
I am sharing this with Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch and Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life.
My table today is inspired by all the Spring birds!

Photobucket

I used a yellow table cloth with some pink chiffon as a "runner".

Photobucket

For each place setting I used a gold charger and Royal Doulton Canton china. I picked this out before I got married and I still love it! I used pink napkins with gold napkin rings. My flatware is Oneida Stainless Wordsworth and the stemware is Fostoria and gold glasses from TJ Maxx my daughters gave to me a few years ago. At each place I used a Bird Cage place card holder & tealight holder from Target.com.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For my centerpiece, I used a larger birdcage filled with flowers surrounded by the famous Target bird salt and pepper shakers and Bird tealight holders.

Photobucket

I put some pink chiffon on the mantle and a glass basket with pink flowers to coordinate.

Photobucket

I finally got my hanging shelf hung and filled it with Eater do-dads!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My wicker tea cart has some bunnies also!

Photobucket

Hope you are enjoying the Spring and the birds!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful photos as always. No I did not realise the clocks change this Sunday, aha, have just checked and we only change on the 25th.
Talk about the birds singing, I think every blue tit in a 10 mile radius has moved to our garden, I have never seen so many. I put a little fat on the window sill each day and the queue up for it!! Diane

labbie1 said...

Lovely table! The centerpiece birdhouse is really pretty!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous tablescape. Love your linens and the china is beautiful. Fabulous pictures. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Alycia Nichols said...

Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday?!??!! Oh, no! Where did the time go?!??!! I had better start exercising my clock turning arm. We have TONS of clocks around here, and it always is a huge ordeal to go through and change every one! Beautiful table...so very feminine in my favorite shade of PINK! There's just something about a pink table...!!! :-) Have a great weekend!

Aledia said...

Pink + birds = a beautiful tablescape.

I love the birdcage tea-light holders!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Aledia

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Love the birdcage place card/tea light holders. How cute! The shelf looks great and I really like your tea cart!Thanks for sharing! Would love to have you visit my blog!

Elaine said...

I didn't even know how much I love birds until I started tablescaping! I am so drawn to them. Love the centerpiece you created, and those plates are lovely. Your room is so pretty--I just love to visit!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You can't go wrong with pink chiffon! Your dishes are set off so nicely with that color!

Lídia said...

Está tudo muito lindo. Parabéns!!!