Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Clara's Dinner Party in the Land of Sweets

I modified my Nutcracker "Sweet" table from last year. Same idea, but some new tweaks!



This year, I started with a gold tablecloth instead of white to give it a richer feeling. I used the same nutcracker runner and candy garland, but I got a new sleigh from Michael's. Also, behind the Nutcracker in the sleigh I added some gumdrop and candy sprays that I found a few weeks ago.


At each place I used a beaded platinum place mat and a gold charger. On top of these I used my Royal Doulton Canton china with pink peonies "waltzing" across the plate.

I found candy themed ornaments in the Target dollarish section last year and thought they would make good place card holders. I propped them up on individual glass vases and added some snowflake pick in the vases.

My guests are Clara, the Prince, Herr Drosselmeyer, Fritz, Mother Ginger and the Sugar Plum Fairy.




On the mantle, I have the Mouse King battling the Nutcracker, while Clara and Herr Drosselmeyer watch - surrounded by Sweets and Snowflakes, of course!




If you would like to see last year's Nutcraker "Sweet" table, it is HERE.



Sorry my pictures are all so small, but my card reader broke and I had to take these with my iPhone! There is always something breaking!

Hope you enjoyed The Nutcraker Table! 




15 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

I love the elegant Royal Doulton china playing with the whimsy of your Nutcracker theme. This is a marvelous design. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Tess said...

So elegant, and charming. I love your china and your house is just lovely!

Marlis said...

Such a beautiful table! Love the darker tablecloth and with the sled and the ornament placecard holders. The whimsy is offset perfectly by the elegance of the dishes.. a great table.. xo marlis

podso said...

Your table is lovely and very creative! I like the choice of tablecloth.

Jacqueline said...

Those are pretty amazing pictures using just your iphone. I just love nutcrackers. I have everything out and up except the village and the nutcrackers. You have inspired me. What a fun runner too. I will have to look for some of those fun gumdrop lights. I just did a new pink tree in the kitchen for this year that is all candy and goodies. They would be perfect.

Alycia Nichols said...

I DID enjoy the nutcracker table! The gold tablecloth really does lend a richness to the whole overall look. The table and mantel are both very "sweet" indeed! Enjoy the start of the season!!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is all delightful! Brings back so many wonderful memories of taking my daughter to The Nutcracker each Christmas. Soon we'll be taking her daughters.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the beautiful colors wow...love the whole thing...the candy too and the picture frame...so cute

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your dinning room is Gorgeous for the Holidays. I love your Beautiful Tablescape and your Vintage China and the sweet Nutcracker for your centerpiece sweet.
I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Christmas Tablescape.
I hope you have a great week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Tea in Texas said...

Totally Creative! I love the theme of candy and Nutcrackers. The placecards are so clever, I must go and find some similar for my table. I just love your Royal Doulton for it is a great choice. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

Marigene said...

What a fun festive table! The plates are gorgeous...

Elaine said...

SOOOO cute!!! Love all the fun candy colors against the gold table. Great sleigh, and I love the Nutcracker theme.

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

What a lovely, fun setting! Fit for little ones or adults who want to dream... Lovely.

Taunnie said...

I love the elegance and richness of the tablecloth and china mixed with the playful Nutcracker decorations. Perfect for the holidays! Beautiful!

Kim said...

Such a beautiful tablescape and what a warm and inviting room! Oh to have a fireplace in the dining room. Lucky lady!
I'm new to your delightful blog and will be following you from now on. Pop over for a visit sometime.
Merry Christmas!
Kim