Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Parasols and Elephants

My latest tablescape stars Parasols and Elephants. I was trying to set the tone for an Indian table which I will share with Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

Photobucket

I got the idea from my daughter who hosted a baby shower for a friend recently. She found some cute blue parasols at World Market with elephants on them. I made some blue elephant origami toppers for her cupcakes. Her theme of blue elephants was really cute.

SO, when I went to World Market and all the parasols and paper lanterns were on half price AND I had a 15% coupon of my whole purchase, I bought a green parasol and the yellow lanterns, both with elephants.

I put lots of stones and "jewels" in a vase to steady the parasol (again copying my daughter) and added a string of elephants (also from World Market) and the two paper lanterns.

Photobucket

Here are some shots with the lanterns lit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Around the base of the vase, I put some more calico World Market elephants.

Photobucket

On top of a white tablecloth, I added different colored napkings, beaded placements and paper chargers with white plates.

Photobucket

I then took colorful place cards and put a drink parasol on each one which I then topped with a little origami elephant, again in all different colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put all the elephants I had on the table: teapots, salt & peppers and figurines.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the mantle, I draped pink chiffon and added one of the paper lanterns.

Photobucket

With the lantern lit

Photobucket

Here is the table with all the elephants and parasols!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now if I only had some Indian food!






16 comments:

labbie1 said...

Oh Lovely! And I am so glad that you included some of the origami elephants that you made. When I read that you made some I was hoping you would include them!

BTW, your tiffany blue and silver tablescape was the inspiration for my current nail polish! :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I do love your Indian inspired table. Love the elephants and color -- what a great parasol, lantern centerpiece!

Marlis said...

Such a fun table.. I can just see myself sitting there. Then I could maybe see how you made those elephants! I love the umbrella and the lights too. The colors do bring India to mind.. xo marlis

xinex said...

So exotic and so much fun. Love your table, Jewel!...Christine

The Tablescaper said...

Love the parsole and lanterns. So much fun!

- The Tablescaper

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Such a fun and festive table.
hugs ~lynne~

Entertaining Women said...

Once again, you are the queen of completing a total environment for your party. So much fun! The parasol and the paper lanterns bring a wonderful quotient of color and whimsy to your table. Thank you for sharing your delightful design. Cherry Kay

labbie1 said...

carolinajewel--thank you for stopping by. I now have my tiffany nails up so that you can see how you inspired me. :)

Alycia Nichols said...

This is a table setting I won't soon forget! Get it? Elephants don't forget....? Lame, I know, but I had to go there! :-) World Market is a wonderful place, and I'm glad you were able to get such great bargains! You MADE those oragami elephants??!!?! You are quite talented!!! LOVE the lanterns! Great ideas!

JudyBug said...

What a fun fun table. Love your night shots!

goodhealthdiva said...

I love elephants and love the way you used those lanterns!It's so creative! I got the same one in the blue/green pattern from my local World Market some weeks ago and did not know what to do with them beside hanging them in the gazebo.

Inspector Clouseau said...

Very nice and artistic table. Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Cassy said...

Very nice table setting.
I love the concept as well.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Karen S Booth said...

This is fabulous Jewel and reminds me of my upbringing when I lived in Hong Kong.....great idea and the lanterns are so pretty when lighted!
Karen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I so loved seeing both tablescapes. So creative and the elephants are unreal. I love watermelon, so naturally I really like that one too. Hugs, Marty

Kirsty Girl said...

Love the setting! Gorgeous