Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

For the Birds!

My table today is inspired by all the Spring birds!

Photobucket

I used a yellow table cloth with some pink chiffon as a "runner".

Photobucket

For each place setting I used a gold charger and Royal Doulton Canton china. I picked this out before I got married and I still love it! I used pink napkins with gold napkin rings. My flatware is Oneida Stainless Wordsworth and the stemware is Fostoria and gold glasses from TJ Maxx my daughters gave to me a few years ago. At each place I used a Bird Cage place card holder & tealight holder from Target.com.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For my centerpiece, I used a larger birdcage filled with flowers surrounded by the famous Target bird salt and pepper shakers and Bird tealight holders.

Photobucket

I put some pink chiffon on the mantle and a glass basket with pink flowers to coordinate.

Photobucket

I finally got my hanging shelf hung and filled it with Eater do-dads!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My wicker tea cart has some bunnies also!

Photobucket

Hope you are enjoying the Spring and the birds!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great, mom!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what lovely china, and I like the way you used those darling little birdcages on your table. But Jewel, that tea cart! Oh, that tea cart! If it goes missing, you know where to look!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Decor To Adore said...

I adore your collection of birdhouses! The table looks lovely!

we three dogs and me said...

I love anything to do with birds and the yellow and pink really looks great. Love it all

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

That china is so gorgeous! I love the combination of the yellow and pink. Not one you see very often.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, this looks so fresh and lovely. I love those little bird cage candle holders, and your china is gorgeous. Your shelf looks great on the wall, and I always love seeing that stunning tea cart and what you display on it. laurie

Cass @ That Old House said...

Tweet! Beautiful. I LOVE your wedding china -- you had good taste. It's stood the test of time.

Love the birds and the springtime touches, the lace on the backs of the chairs, and of course I ADORE your house and dining room.

the new rug is spectacular. I've been searching for one for our parlor -- so far can't afford what I like! :-P

Beautiful table!... it's snowing here, so spring tables are most welcome.
Cass

labbie1 said...

I just so love spring!!!! Very lovely! I love the way that you marry old and new for a comprehensive look.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This beautiful table setting! Your china is gorgeous, I am impressed too, my dear. I'm loving the cages you've used in such a lovely way. The gold chargers are great with it all and so are your goblets. Thank you so much for coming by and for the most generous comments, wow!
Hugs
FABBY