Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Foodie Friday - Fall Feast

Thank you Gollum for hosting Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!
Photobucket

I am sharing one of my favorite Fall meals. I served this menu at a dinner party last fall.

Here is the Menu:

171-7179_IMG

And here are pictures of the meal:

171-7188A_IMG

Of course, I used my Spode Woodland Turkey Plates.

Click Here for the Menu and the Recipes.


171-7180A_IMG

Here the Brown Rice Salad is in a Spode Pink Tower Bowl.

Here is a not very good picture of the Pumpkin Bars.

Pumpkin Bars

I used a Martha Stewart recipe for a Wild Rice Salad for my recipe and changed it to Brown Rice and added the dried cranberries. In the Cornish Game Hen recipe using Apple Jelly was my own crazy idea that actually worked!

I first had the Zesty Carrots at my friend Rhonda's house, but someone else had posted the same recipe on Recipezaar.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Fall Feast! Now visit Designs by Gollum!

15 comments:

Lori E said...

I haven't cooked game hens in so long. We used to get nice sized ones but now they are so tiny it isn't worth the effort. I know they are supposed to be small but these are ridiculous.

Lori E said...

Oh for Pete's sake I forgot to comment on your recipe. I like that you add your own touches to the recipes. Apple jelly and poultry go perfect together.
]

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely setting for a beautiful meal. I know you're guests must have been pleased. Everything looks wonderful. Have a great weekend.

Sue said...

What a wonderful meal. It is beautifully presented as well.

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL!!! meal for guests. Everyone will love it.
Geri

Its So Very Cheri said...

All of this looks soooo yummy.

It's finally grilling season in Florida. Summer time is just too hot and too many mosquitos.

Cheri

Sue said...

I bought a bag of brown rice because i thought it would be healthier but didnt know what to do with it....I'm on my way to steal your (or Martha's) recipe...Thanks!!

Emily said...

What a delightful meal! And I love the dinnerware! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

kanishk said...

What a wonderful meal. It is beautifully presented as well.
Work from home India

Diana LaMarre said...

The meal sounds and looks great, especially the wild rice salad with apples and cranberries. YUM!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This all looks so yummy! Thanks for your kind comments and sweet visit!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This all looks so yummy! Thanks for your kind comments and sweet visit!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so nice and delicious! What a cute little menu card too!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

xinex said...

Yummy and looks so wonderful!...Christine

prashant said...

We used to get nice sized ones but now they are so tiny it isn't worth the effort.

Web hosting india