Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fourth of July Food Friday

Thank you Gollum for hosting Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!
Photobucket

For this Foodie Friday, it is Fourth of July Desserts. These are pictures from last year, but I will make the same desserts this weekend - It's a tradition.

Blueberry cobbler is our traditional dessert on the Fourth. When I first started making it, I was torn between the pastry type of cobbler and the crumble type of cobbler. I usually did a bit of this and that and never wrote the recipe down. Last year on Recipezaar, I found a recipe for a pastry/crumble hybrid blueberry cobbler and thought I would try it. It used orange juice and lemon zest, which I had never used before in my cobbler and I have to admit we liked the addition. The recipe calls for dumplings instead of pastry strips like I had always used, so I felt free to still use pastry strips - in fact I used already made pie crust dough. Thank you Pillsbury Dough Boy! Click for the recipe: Blueberry Cobbler

Here are some pictures - Not pictured but always a hit - Vanilla Ice Cream on top!!!
168-6806_IMG

168-6811_IMG


I also made Red Velvet Cupcakes which were a hit (and of course I had to decorate them a bit!) Click here for the Recipe Red Velvet Cupcakes

167-6800_IMG

I hope you all have a Happy Fourth of July! :D Jewel

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yummy! I love blueberry cobbler and this looks delicious! So do those cupcakes! Yes, m'am, we do need to get your cobbler and my ice cream together! Have a wonderful 4th!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Joyce said...

Both recipes look delicious. Happy 4th of July to you and your family.
Joyce

Unknown said...

Both desserts look so delicious. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

Poppedijne said...

Have a wonderful holiday! These yummy deserts will certainly make it a special day.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I adore anything with blueberries!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Two of my greatest temptations and both on the same page. I think you hate me :-). Thanks for sharing both with us. Have a wonderful holiday.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh yum! This looks like a winner for sure!

Shellbelle said...

Wonderful presentation! Those cupcake holder thingys are so great, I need to find me one — to hold my Red Velvet cupcakes of course.

I've never thought to make cupcakes instead of cake, what a great idea for a family reunion!

bj said...

That cobbler looks so so good...
I needed a recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes so I am reallyy pleased to find this one...Now, I need a cup cake holder..:)

The Fajdich Times said...

Great desserts. Have a happy 4th:)

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Both of these desserts look fantastic. Hope you have a happy 4th!

Sue said...

I just bought blueberries at Publix on sale...now I know what to do with them....have a wonderful 4th. of July!! Sue in Atlanta

Unknown said...

My family loves blueberry anything, so I will have to give this a try soon. Hope you are enjoying your Fourth. Please plan to join my in August for Crock Pot Wednesdays;. Thanks.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Love how you have your cupcakes and cupcake holder decorated! Your desserts look delicious! laurie

xinex said...

Yummy! And blueberries are supposed to be healthy too...Christine

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Don't you just love Red Velvet Cake? I remember making it in the 70's and now it seems to be everywhere and such a hit. Yours look yummy!~ ~Ahrisha~ ~