Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tea Time Treats Re-Post

I am reposting this for Tea Time Tuesday at Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor. Be sure and visit her blog for other tea time treats!

Photobucket

It's Foodie Friday hosted by Gollum at Designs by Gollum.
Photobucket

I have been participating in an event for the Cooking Forum at Recipezaar called Afternoon Tea and Light Suppers: The BIG Tea-Party. I have made and photographed 2 of the tea time treats I signed up for. I will do the third one this weekend.

First I made Sweet and Spicy Texas Pecans. Click for the recipe.

These were delicious! As you can see by my review, I made them a little spicier than the recipe called for.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tea set shown in the back is one I got years ago from the Ross Simons catalog.

The next treat I tried was Hawaiian Tea Sandwiches Filling. Click for recipe. I used pecans for the nuts and served this filling on Pepperidge Farm Very Thin whole wheat bread.
So good!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used a Churchill Blue Willow tea pot, creamer and sugar dish with Spode Blue Italian salad plate in this picture.

Both my tea time treats were wonderful! I hope you enjoy them also.

18 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl both of your tea sets are just lovely...but you know I love blue...and those Sandwiches look wonderful for TEA Time...Thanks for the bite...Hope all is well in your world my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sue said...

Your tea set is so pretty but what about that sandwich!!....cream cheese and pinapple...add nuts...now that sounds like a winner....much better then the cream cheese and olive sandwiches I ate as a kid...

Lady Katherine said...

I love both tea setting! The sandwiches look so good! Save this one I having a tea party online soon.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Such pretty tea sets and such pretty food. I'm going to go get these recipes. I LOVE spiced pecans. laurie

Kathleen said...

That tea set is so pretty, and the sandwich looks delicious, Jewel!

Red Couch Recipes said...

I love your blue tea set! I also want to copy your spiced pecans recipe...they look so yummy!

Allie and Pattie said...

Looks too pretty to eat! Lovely
xoxo Pattie

YourTeaLife said...

The tea sandwiches look delicious. I'm going to try them for my next tea party.

Its So Very Cheri said...

I came over to let you know that my blog has moved and I would be ever so grateful if you would come to the new site and RE-sign up to follow me there.

www.itssoverycheri.com
Cheri

Anonymous said...

Your tea pots are so lovely and the food looks scrumptious! I would love to be able to sit down with you and have a cuppa!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jane said...

It seems many are favoring blue today, my favorite. Everything looks great.

Lady Katherine said...

Thank you for joining me today! I do love both of your tea settings! I took a close look at your blue willow, for I have a set I never used it shall be coming down off the shelf. The Tea sandwiches and pecans are wonderful. I just love roasted pecans, never had them spicy, but I just know there great. Thanks for showing your lovely Tea.

Lady Katherine said...

My Mr. Linky went away can you come back and link your post to Tea Time Tuesday. So Sorry

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Blue and white holds a tender place in my heart. Yours are beautiful. I love these tea sandwiches, and the pecans look delicious.
XX00

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, I stumbled upon your blog and while here, I enjoyed my visit very much. Your blog is loaded with interesting posts and lovely photos. I have joined your followers, and will return often to visit with you and to take tea.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Jocelyn said...

I just love blue and white dishes. Very lovely.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Hi Jewel!
Your treats looks delicious, and I love the blue and white!
I have to get my tea times straight so I can join everyone..
Are you coming to my St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl on the 16th? I hope so!

The Charm of Home said...

Your blue willow tea set is wonderful! It looks great with the Spode. I got two of those Spode plates for Mom for Mother's Day and I did a tablescape with them.LOL
Sherry