Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras at My House!

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Using the Mardi Gras colors of Green, Purple and Gold, I started with a gold tablecloth and green napkins with metallic gold napkin rings. I used plain white Gibson china on metallic gold chargers and Grand Baroque silverplate. For stemware I used green goblets from Target, purple Fostoria glasses given to me by my grandmother years ago and saucer champagnes from my wedding crystal by Lennox with a gold rim.

Photobucket

My centerpiece is a silver wine cooler with metallic gold bead stem in it "wearing" Mardi Gras masks that I have saved through the years. I scattered a few beads and doubloons and Voila! Mardi Gras!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What's on the menu? Shrimp Creole, but I don't have any pictures yet. Here is a picture of Jambalaya from last year though!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Laissez les bons temps rouler! Let the good times roll!

7 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very Pretty my friend...I would love to be a dinner guest at your beautiful olden home my friend...Happy Day to you girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Jewel,
what a gorgeous table, such a wow factor there! I would love to go to Mardi Gras someday. I guess I lived in New Orleans for 3 months when i was a baby but of course I don't remember that. My Mom got too homesick and figured she was meant to be a midwestern kind of gal. Cindy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your table looks beautiful! Love that tree in the wine cooler, and you have some beautiful masks. Looks like a fun celebration! laurie

Kathleen said...

Great Mardi Gras, table, Jewel..
Happy Lent! :(

Miss Janice said...

Happy Mardi Gras to you...great job on the festive tablescape! LOVE that centerpiece and I'm craving shrimp creole now:)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun this is! Love your masks and your creole looks wonderful! Thanks for your sweet visit today.

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

What a fun and festive tablescape! I love the colors. I think the post above this one has the spicy pecans and I can't wait to try those! They look so good!