Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday/Graduation Gifts

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been absent lately, but things are super busy here!

This is a bit of a stretch, but I am flying our Congratulations Graduate Flag for Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure and visit her to see all the wonderful posts!
Photobucket

My younger daughter is graduating from High School Saturday and will be attending the same college her big sister attends next year. DH & I will be empty-nesters.

Photobucket


She had so many friends that I wanted to remember, but didn't have lots of cash to spend. So I came up with the idea to make a sewing kit for the girls. I bought 1/2 yard of 2 different fabrics and I had some left over ribbons. I bought these little sewing kits for $1.00 each at Dollar General and Family Dollar. I wiped out my area of these. I ended up making 14 kits for $25.00.

Here they are

Photobucket

Opened up

Photobucket

Photobucket

They can also use the covering as a jewelry roll.

I made a little booklet with instructions for sewing on buttons (shank and flat) and hemming. I used a 3 hole punch and tied them with ribbon.

I was pleased with how they turned out! :D Jewel

15 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Jewel! Congrats to your daughter! I know you are very proud of her! I really like the sewing kits...what a great idea! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

I was wondering where you went! This is such a great idea, and on a budget too! They really came out so nice and I'm sure the girls will be so happy you thought of them. Congrats to your graduate. It must be bittersweet to have the youngest graduating and off to college.
~Michelle

Jadehollow said...

Those are darling Jewel! Very Creative! Congrats to your Daughter on her graduation.
Hugs,
Debbie

stefanie said...

happy graduation to your daughter, and happy outdoor wednesday.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Congratulations and good luck to your daughter! I think those little sewing kits are just the cutest and so creative. Our youngest graduated last year so I know how bittersweet it can be. Hugs, Cindy

Kammy said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday !
Your photots are lovely ! Thanks for sharing and have a great day !
Hugs ~ Kammy
p.s. this is my first Outdoor Wednesday - it is so much fun ! Love your gifts !

Peg said...

Congratulations to your graduate! I remember when my youngest daughter left for college; I cried most of the summer! Once she was gone, I found out being an empty nester was kind of fun... Pa and I go out to eat more often, have actual conversations, do stuff WE want to do, etc.

Your sewing kits are so pretty! I'm glad you included instructions; I actually had to try and explain the process by phone :-)

Claudia said...

I have always enjoyed a home that flys a charming flag such as yours. Some how to me it says there is much love in that household.

Congrats on the Grad. and what a lovely personal gift for your friends. (yes her friends...but in a couple of short years they will be yours too.) age really isnt descriminating.

TTFN~~Claudia

Mary Bergfeld said...

What wonderful and charming gifts for your daughter's friends. My congratulation to her - and you - on her graduation. Blessings.

Regina said...

Congratulations to your daughter.
Your gifts are pretty.

Beth at Aunties said...

I enjoyed your fun flag and the gifts you made!
Congratulations to her...what a special time in her life!

Beth at Aunties said...

I enjoyed your fun flag and the gifts you made!
Congratulations to her...what a special time in her life!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the graduate and the proud parents! :-)

This is a nice idea for a gift and I think the girls . . . ummm I mean ladies would love them cause it'll really be useful. Oh they're not only useful but very pretty as well :-)

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Li

Kathleen Ellis said...

What a wonderful little gift/favor...very clever! I love that you put instructions inside, too!
Hey...I've visited a lovely tea room just about 20 minutes from Gettysburg. Pat (the owner of Civil-la-tea) and I went a few weeks ago and it was wonderful! I'll do a blog post on it soon but in case you want to visit when you're here...it's called Higinbotham's and it's in New Oxford.
102 Lincoln Way West
New Oxford, PA 17350
717-624-1866
they don't have a website up and running yet...but I highly recommend it..it is invitation only.
Enjoy!
;-D

Kathleen said...

That's a great idea!..I see I have missed several posts! I'll catch up..
The kits look so cute...