Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Gettysburg, PA

It's time for Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure and visit her to see all the wonderful posts!
Photobucket

As a graduation trip, my younger daughter asked that we go to one of our favorite places, Gettysburg. Our family of four went, Hubby, Me, Older daughter home from college and not yet working at her museum internship and my younger daughter, The Graduate. Two of younger daughter's graduate friends also came with us. The weather was just perfect and we all had a wonderful time and lots of great food.

Here is the view of the new Visitor's Center from the tower on top of Culp's Hill.
Photobucket

Here is a view from the tower of the Trostle Farm. I love PA barns!
Photobucket

The Devil's Den - Can you imagine having to climb these rocks while muskets and cannons were firing??? AND it's July and you're wearing wool???!!!
Photobucket

The view of The Valley of Death from the top of Little Round Top.
Photobucket

A NY Monument on Little Round Top
Photobucket

More views of the gorgeous countryside
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Pennsylvania Monument
Photobucket

That's the end of my tour! Be sure an drop by Susan's for more Outdoor Wednesday! :D Jewel

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Ahh I love Gettysburg also. I have only been once with my sister but it was an amazing place.

Congrats to your daughter on graduation- what a milestone.

Enjoy the summer
~tammy

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

I love Gettysburg. I haven't been there since I was a child. Great pics!!
~Michelle

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I'd love to go again! Thanks for sharing.

Regina said...

Now I see it. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful post. Happy outdoor.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing these great photos. Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing these great photos. Happy 4th!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Thank you for sharing these images with us. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the holiday.

Claudia said...

I have never been able to visit Gettysberg...but it is on my List to do for sure.

Thanks for sharing... enjoy your blog.

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great photos - thanks for sharing your trip.
Glenda

stefanie said...

oh, i would really like to take a trip there, thanks for sharing

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

I have always wanted to visit Gettysburg. Someday I will. But I so enjoyed your pictures. They are so beautiful. It's hard to imagine that a battle once took place in these places...thank you for sharing! Huggy Hugs!

Crystal said...

I always like to go to Gettysburg and just walk around the battlefields. They have some really quaint shops too. This time of the year though, it can get pretty crowded. Especially over the 4th, they usually have a reenactment.
Thanks for sharing!
Crystal

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

We love Gettysburg too. It's been a lot of years since we were there, but I still recall the feeling of reverance and the beautiful views! Thanks for bringing back those memories for me. laurie

Kathleen Ellis said...

Enjoyed the pics of Gettysburg...although it is only 30 minutes away we don't really head that direction now that our kids are grown...but when they were little...we were there many, many weekends during the summer and fall months.
Devil's Den was their absolute favorite place to play! My now 25 year old, 6'3", 190 lb. son recently visited Devil's Den w/some friends and called me from there to tell me he couldn't believe how "small" it all looked now and that he definitely couldn't believe he used to fit in between all those rocks!
Funny, huh?!

happy 4th...enjoy!
;-D