Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tartan Christmas

My dining room table is all ready for the Christmas season even if the rest of the house has some works still to be done! Here is my table decked out for a Tartan Christmas!
Photobucket

As usual I will be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Make sure you stop by her blog to see all the wonderful tablescapes!

I started this table with a plaid tablecloth I bought on clearance last year. Next I added some square beaded chargers from Target. They are a warm silver. Next goes a gold beaded charger, then a plaid napkin from Bed, Bath & Beyond clearance last year and finally Original Christmas Tree plates by Cuthbertson.
 Photobucket

I used Colonial Shell flatware by Reed & Barton and Kirk Stieff pewter goblets as well as wine hocks from Ross-Simons from years ago. I placed an ivory napkin in the pewter goblet, because I liked how it looked and who doesn't need more napkins?

For my centerpiece, I used a Santa cookie jar surrounded by a red beaded wreath and flanked by evergreen boughs with pine cones and small plaid bows.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So here is my Tartan Christmas table - I hope I was able to capture both warmth and elegance in this tablescape!

Photobucket

Photobucket

13 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Gorgeous! I'm mad for plaid -- this is so pretty! Love your Santa cookie jar -- what a great idea to let him take center stage on your table today.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very pretty Jewel!
I love red plaid anything! This is how a Christmas table should look!
Hugs,
Cindy

Lynn said...

Beautiful, I love plaid! How fun that you even captured the shiny gold thread in the tablecloth! Love it all:@)

vignette design said...

Your plaid tablecloth really caught my eye. I love tartan this time of year--actually, all year 'round! Your centerpiece is adorable and very creative. I have similar goblets, and we have similar taste. Love those Christmas tree plates.

Debbie said...

I'm a big plaid lover so this caught my eye right away.

I think the colors are so pretty, and I love that square beaded charger. I've never seen anything like it.

Denise said...

Great look to the entire set-up. I like how you've paired the pewter goblets with the Christmas Tree plates.
Using the cookie jar for a centerpiece is a great idea. I'm storing that one away in my digital notebook.

Alycia Nichols said...

I am such a huge fan of tartan, especially at Christmas! It looks so festive yet dignified!

The Inspired Nest said...

I love everybit of your tablescape. The tartan plaid is so much fun! Beautiful!
Come by a visit me..I a having a giveaway that you may enjoy!
Lacy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewell, this table is so elegant, but so inviting. Plaids just make me think of warmth and welcome. Your Santa cookie jar is gorgeous and makes a great centerpiece, and I love your wine stems. laurie

we three dogs and me said...

Love the use of the plaid. I have one but never thought to use it. Good idea Very warm and festive tablescape

Barbara said...

What a pretty table! I love the plaid cloth and am kicking myself for getting rid of mine years ago. It wasn't "me" at the time but it sure is now. Lovely!

Marlis said...

Love your plaid tablecloth.. It's so wonderful beneath the fun dishes. Your Santa is really a favorite.

Marigene said...

Oh, how I love a plaid tablecloth...your table is beautiful. Great centerpiece...is it filled with Christmas cookies?