Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November Blue Tablescape

I loved this table from last year and wanted to share it with you again! As usual I will be linking to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks to her for hosting this blog party every week!



"November shadows, shade November change
  November spells sweet memory, the season blue remains"

The Avett Brothers "November Blue"


I was interested in doing a Thanksgiving table without using the usual Thanksgiving colors and china. I thought blue would make a pretty table especially with orange as a complementary color. I felt very original until one of my favorite Avett Brothers songs "November Blue" started playing. I think I was subliminally influenced by their music! So I decided to name the tablescape after their song.
 Here's the table:


Photobucket




I started with a warm white tablecloth and used copper colored chargers. I then used Spode Blue Italian Dinner and side plates. On top of the dinner plates I used pumpkin salad plates from Walmart (last year's clearance).

Photobucket


I used my Colonial Shell stainless and Pewter goblets finished off with orange napkins with a copper colored leaf napkin ring.


Photobucket


Photobucket


For my centerpiece I used a blue and white china compote topped with a ceramic orange pumpkin.


Photobucket


Photobucket


I added some orange berries and smaller pumpkins too and pumpkin place card holders in both orange and white.


Photobucket


So here is my November Blue tablescape!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Watching on the mantle are two pairs of Pilgrims.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And over to the side is my antique wicker tea cart with a cornucopia tea set and pumpkin mugs.


Photobucket


I hope you enjoyed my November Blue table and that it inspires you to try different colors for the holidays!







14 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is so pretty -- I almost set a blue and orange table this week too -- I love yours! I'm so late in finally getting around to thank you for your visit last week that I got to see your newest table -- I did want to tell you how much I love your fireside pumpkin patch -- so sweet!

xinex said...

I love it! I love the combination and the orange just pops. Very pretty!...Christine

Barbara said...

Very unique and really just perfect for the season! I love the words of that song.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

The pops of pumpkin are great! I adore the pumpkin plates on the spode plates. Really stunning. :)

Karie said...

Your table setting is beautiful. I love the blue with the orange. I have a big pumpkins similar to yours and I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Alycia Nichols said...

Your napkins are really pretty! They appear to have a kind of Harlequin design to them? Great!!! I also really like the goblets!

Kathleen said...

Hi Jewel,
Good to see you again! Love your blue and orange Fall table. Mine were gold, but lots of people thought they were orange!
The table looks so pretty, and your centerpiece is wonderful!

Entertaining Women said...

I love the pops of orange with your gorgeous Blue italian. The copper chargers are also an outstanding addition. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Tess said...

This is so pretty...that pop of unexpected blue is stunning!! I love your napkins rings...I can't seem to find any leaf ones in my area. You've created such a beautiful table!

Thanks for sharing!

Tess

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I LOVE it! The Fall colors just pop on the blue and white china. I love the way you have coordinated everything by adding orange to blue and white - even in your centerpiece. Excellent tablescape! laurie

Marigene said...

Now this table has got to be one of my favorites this week...love the blue and orange combination, it is so striking.

Jessa said...

What a beautiful table, love the blues and oranges, lovely combination. The metal stemware is so unique and lovely!

Holly Lefevre said...

That is beautiful. I adore those pilgrims. The combination of the blue and the orange is so fresh and wonderful.

Lady Katherine said...

I love the blue dishes with the orange. I did a similar one a few years ago! Love the glasses! Oh, my love the Tea Cart, Tea Time Tuesday it should be! lol