Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Porch Party Tablescape

Tablescape Thursday is here again! Be sure to visit Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH.
Photobucket

On April 18th our city had a Jazz Festival across the street from the side of my house. This is the 4th year they have had it and it is always lots of fun. My next door neighbor and I have started inviting our friends to come to this and enjoy cocktails and appetizers on my porch during the festival and at supper time have a cookout potluck at her house. This year we had close to 80 attending!

I didn't get any pictures during the event, because I was SO busy all day long, but I did take a picture of the tables on my porch before the party. So it IS a Tablescape post, after all!!!!

Photobucket

The vinyl tablecloths are from Walmart and I was glad to find some that had similar colors to the colors of my house.

Here is a picture of the festival at night from my porch.

Photobucket

Happy Tablescape Thursday to all! :D Jewel

14 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Jewel,
Your porch is so pretty,just like I thought it would be. That looks like so much fun, I must move to your part of the country. It looks like more fun.. thanks for the lovely comments on my daughter's b-day post. I know you have a daughter and understand. Have a great week-end, Cindy

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

80!? That's a whole lotta people to cook for. Wow!!!! It sounds like a fun event. And you didn't even have to provide any music. LOL

I just heart your home! Hugs, Barb

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful neighborhood get together. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Your tables look so pretty on the porch. Hugs, Marty

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

So you're the one I always envy when I go to some event in middle of a town and there are the lucky folks sitting on their own porch, right there! :-) Is that not the coolest!!! I would love having something like that right outside my door each year...what fun! Thanks for sharing...I LOVE your porch! Well, my very, very noisy mocking bird is singing up a storm right now...thank goodness for an air purifier I run at night...it somewhat drowns it. :-) It's plesant to hear...but sooooo loud! :-) Susan

susan said...

How lucky are you!!! We used to have access to an apt. on Bourbon Street and it was SO much fun to "people watch" without the hassle! I bet this becomes a sought after invitation!! Your porch is FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing.

Chandy said...

Wow, what a gathering! Love the porch and that nighttime shot is so inviting!

SouthernGal said...

Wow, you are really lucky to have the festival right next to you and your friends are really lucky to be friends with someone who invites them over for a great time. Very cool!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Diana LaMarre said...

Oh, CJ, what a wonderful evening that must have been on your gorgeous porch. I do love the color of the floors. They look freshly painted, too. Just beautiful?

xinex said...

What a beautiful and fun event! You all look like you had so much fun!...Christine

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How wonderful, to sit in one of those pretty rockers and enjoy the festival. So smart of you to turn it into a party at your house (the entertainment is already there)! Pretty tablecloths, and I love that they go to the floor. Bet your guests had a great time! laurie

Kathleen said...

That sounds like so much fun! Looks like it was a great party!

Carolina Mama said...

Congratulations! you won at my blog. Swing over and email me!

Love this post and the beauty of this fun Jazz Fest. Wish we had visited. :)

Paula Bee said...

What a wonderful evening and I love your porch!

Miss Janice said...

Love your home and your porch...how fun it must be to enjoy the festivals right at your "front porch". Love the hammock.