Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Target Birds on Holiday?

Photobucket

For Susan's Event at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH, I present the story of 4 little Target Birds. These four little Target birds lived in a lovely old china cabinet with their mother and father, the wise Target Bird Tealight Holders.
Photobucket
One day the young birds told their parents that they were ready to leave the china cabinet and see the world.
Photobucket

They dreamed of adventures in the places they had seen on the china in the cabinet.
They thought they might travel to Rome to see The Bridge of Salaro as engraved in the Spode Pink Tower plate.
Photobucket

They also dreamed of seeing their birthplace, China, land of peonies, as depicted in the Royal Doulton Canton plate.
Photobucket

They imagined visiting the North Pole and seeing snowflakes, like the ones on the Cracker Barrel Seasons of Glory plate.
Photobucket

They longed to see the fruit growing region of England, Evesham, like the Royal Worceter plate of the same name.
Photobucket

And they longed to bow down to their idol and hero, the great and powerful Spode Woodland Turkey.
Photobucket

Their parents told them to be careful and to keep in touch and tearfully sent them on their way. The young foursome made it to the bay window ledge, overlooking the porch, just a short flight away from freedom and all their dreams!
Photobucket

But then they noticed that it was dark and rainy and generally an altogether messy night.
Photobucket

So they returned to their snug, dry china cabinet to dream among the plates with their parents.
Photobucket

The End :D Jewel

Be sure to visit Susan's blog, BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH, for more exciting adventures of the Target Birds!

23 comments:

Stacey said...

Those little birdies know beautiful china when they see it!! What a cute post. :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Awwww, I love these little birdies! They are so cute admiring the Great Spode Woodland Turkey! LOL Now I want a turkey plate! :-) So cute that you have a bigger "Mom and Dad" birdie. Clever writing! :-)Susan

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Wow...birdie plate addicts...Maybe there is a "group" for that...lovely little post...

Knitty said...

Smart birds! Pretty plates, too.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very cute...loved all your china girl...thanks for the fun story..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

Now I don't blame your little birdies for flying right back to be safe and warm! Loved seeing them look at your plates! This is so cute!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, your birdies had such wonderful travel dreams. I know they will make it someday. What beautiful plates and such a cute story. Hugs, Marty

Jadehollow said...

Love the Quartet! I'm sure they'll make it to all those beautiful places one day. Perhaps Susan will host another holiday at the end of summer.
Hugs,
Debbie

Susie Q said...

What fun! I thought I would never find a set but just today, I drove to Target to grab a quick BD gift. On a whim I went back to housewares and there was ONE set sitting on the shelf!! I grabbed them so fast I probably scared the poor birds to death!
I LOVED seeing them admiring the great turkey! I have two of those plates too...they are actually on my dining room wall. So pretty.

Your blog is wonderfulo...I just bookmarled it to return easily!

Sue

Kammy said...

I love your china..and your birds
are so "tweet" Hugs ~ Kammy

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Awww - I am so glad they did not venture out that far away. Besides, the American $ is not so good overseas, and would not have bought as much birdseed. LOL

Thanks for sharing...Loved this!

Blessings, Barb

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Jewel,
This is great! I get to see your beautiful china cabinet and a history lesson too! Cindy

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Jewel...

Ohhh my, even though your little birds are young in age...they're pretty wise...I think they know they have it pretty good right there in that fabulous china hutch!!! By the way, your hutch is just gorgeous...beautiful piece!!!

Loved seeing all of your different china! I sure got a chuckle out of the little birds bowing to their great hero the turkey plate! hehe!!! What a hoot!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

PAT said...

What a cute post! The birds on holiday has been fun!!

bj said...

I love their sight=seeing adventure...
Great job and now...I want ANOTHER set of Target birds!! :O)

Chandy said...

Jewel, they sound like my children! LOL I wish I was there with them... Love their adventure! What a cute group!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Thanks to the birdies for giving us the tour of your gorgeous plates!!...Debbie

susan said...

Oh, you have a flock!! I love all your pretty plates!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Too bad your birdies could only dream of such fabulous places. My birdies actually went. But the plates were beautiful. Makes us all dream of going to those places.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! You have quite a collection of these birds. I think they are just adorable ♥ I love all of your pretty plates.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That was so cute! Loved the way you tied it into your china patterns, and such pretty china to dream about! laurie

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hahaha... what an adorable post! I love the adventures of the Target Birds. I feel quite deprived that I don't have a pair of them myself.

Well written! I laughed, I cried -- I envied you your china!

Cass

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I think your birdies could get their own "dishaholic" award!