Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday - Younger Daughter's Bedroom

For Metamorphosis Monday hosted by Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH.
Photobucket

This metamorphosis is my younger daughter's bedroom. You may remember that I shared my older daughter's bedroom HERE.

This bedroom started out with 2 layers of wallpaper on it, both off white. One was vinyl and easy to remove and the other was really old and paper and Stuck!!!!
Here are some before pictures.
This wallpaper came off easily.
Photobucket
This wallpaper did NOT!
Photobucket
Notice the little chandelier.
Photobucket
In the previous picture is the bed my younger daughter had picked out. She wanted to use my old childhood French Provincial furniture. I offered to strip and paint it, but she loved it with the gold trim and all. She said it was very "Audrey Hepburn."
She wanted a really bright room to wake up all the Victorian influence in this old house, so here it is!!!
Photobucket
Quite a change, right?!
My old furniture needed some touching up. The vanity had several nail polish remover rings on it and the vanity seat had broken and been thrown away. I finally found a paint to match the vanity - it was actually a green shade!!! We also found this stool at Target and just painted the trim with a gold paint pen.
Photobucket
Here is the mantle.
Photobucket
And another view/
Photobucket
I can't believe I don't have a picture which shows the new ceiling fan/light fixture. So much more light and the fan is nice in the summer.
Here bedding was from Target. We tore up all the old carpeting and the floors were in great shape. I will share her bathroom on another Metamorphosis Monday! Now visit Susan and see all the great changes! :D Jewel

23 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

What a beautiful room. I really love the vibrant color!
~Michelle

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Jewel,
I bet your daughter just loves this room. The colors are so bright and cheery and I really love that bed. Your home is so inspiring, Cindy

susan said...

We call it old..she calls it Audrey Hepburn. I love it! That is such a great color. I hope your daughter appreciates the work in getting that wall paper off!

Scribbler said...

The wall color -- one of favorites. Very cool room!

Scribbler

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I couldn't help notice the Beatles on the wall. That brought back memories. I went to their concert when I was fifteen at the Hollywood Bowl. Very exciting times. Your daughter's room turned out so great. I bet she appreciates all your hard work!

Tardevil said...

She is so lucky to have a fireplace in her room...I'm jealous! ;O) Love the restored furniture too! I'm sure she LOVES that big room!

Melissa Miller said...

Very fresh and colorful!

What an amazing transformation! ;)

Anonymous said...

My, what a great room for your daughter! It's so big and bright! I love that bed and how you fixed up the dresser and found the perfect little stool!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :0

Martha said...

What a great room -- Love the bed -- that is a great piece. Love the big room with fireplace, wood floors -- to me that is a great room.

Susie Q said...

What a great room....and I envy your daughter the fireplace in her room. We managed to have fireplaces in all our homes in 28 years....til we moved to CO. We chose the ONE house we looked at that does NOT have a FP! We rent and 7 years later, we're still kicking ourselves ;D

Great place. I wish my master BR was that big.

Mary said...

Wow, what a beautiful blue color, I'll bet your daughter just loves it. :O)Mary from Boogieboard Cottage

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

So sweet! I have vowed never to have wallpaper again, after having removed wallpaper in 3 bathrooms, plus the dining room, kitchen, and back hallway - NEVER! It was worth all your effort for this beautiful room. Linda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I know that your daughter loves her room and the fact that she got to pick it all out. What a wonderful large airy room! Look out because with space like that -- she may never leave home! LOL

Unknown said...

I bet she loves this room! It is beautiful.
Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com/blog/

Decor To Adore said...

I am stopping by via BNOTP. Great transformation! Love the color.

Bo said...

Hi Jewel...what a lot of hard work went into this pretty transformation...Very Audrey Hepburn-ish...LOL...This bedroom is huge...love the window & the fireplace! ;-) Bo

Chandy said...

I love how it all turned out! Great job! Happy Monday!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the color and your daughter has to feel like a princess in this room. It is so pretty. Huge change. Redoing an older home is so much work, but the end results are stunning. Hugs, Marty

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Jewel...I just love this room! The colors are so bright and cheerful...great bed! How neat that your daughter wanted to use your childhood bed...I love that! :-) I just love seeing each room in your beautiful, historic home...such a treat to see all the changes! :-) Susan

Cass @ That Old House said...

Your daughter's room is lovely. Oh WOW I feel your pain with that second layer of wallpaper -- that "real" paper paper is one heck of a job to remove, and has a nasty habit of taking old plaster skim off with it.

The walls turned out beautifully, and I love the bold color your daughter chose; I love color!

I think it's wonderful she is using your childhood furniture. I had very plain scrubbed pine, chenille bedspreads, milk glass and quilts in the bedroom I shared with my sister -- my mother was an antiques/primitive fan -- and I SO envied my friends who had the girly gold-trimmed French style furniture and the canopy beds!

Both girls' bedrooms are terrific, and it's so great that they have been able to have their say in what you did. (Love the iron bed, too!).

Best... Cass

janet said...

oh your daughters room is lovely, nice vibrant color which is what they love, lucky girl
hugs
janet

Sue said...

What a colorful bright room it turned out to be....what a change from the before picture. Your daughter must be thrilled....I love the bed and the high ceilings and the mantel...it's all terrific....And you can tell the husband that we too had a Civil War diorama and one day I thought I would dust all the little men....When I put it all back...and not on purpose...it was by accident....I had the North and the South fighting on the same side....I thought my husband was going to kill me.....never dusted it again....Sue.

JudyBug said...

Ack! I do hate to remove wallpaper. You did a fantastic job and the room is just gorgeous!
JudyBug