Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Winter Wonderland: Barely Blue

I have decided to use this blog to catalog my table settings. The first table of the year is Winter Wonderland: Barely Blue.

I am submitting this for Tablescape Tuesday hosted by Susan (Between Naps on the Porch).
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH: Tablescape Tuesday
Thanks Susan!

Photobucket

I didn't want all the sparkle to go away after I put up the Christmas decorations, so I decided that I would create a Winter Wonderland of ice and snow. I spay painted limbs silver and used icicle and snowflake ornaments as well as strung acrylic "jewels" in "Barely Blue" shades. I used Tiffany Blue tulle as a table runner over a slightly off-white table cloth and tulle on the mantle. I put blue "marbles" and clear acrylic pieces that look like cracked ice in a vase to hold the limbs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put the vase in the center of a silver wreath from Target and filled in the gap between the wreath and the vase with silver and blue Christmas ornaments.

On the mantle, I put limbs in a blue round vase and made a bow from blue and silver sheer ribbon. I hung jewels, icicles and ornaments in silver and blue on the limbs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beside the vase I put silver limbs and golden ferns from Target and silver poinsettias and wired pearls from Michaels. At the ends, I used silver mercury glass candle pillars with white fake candles embossed with silver snowflakes.

Photobucket

In the small white vases, I had small silver spray painted limbs with 3 silver ball ornaments.

On the table, I had mercury glass votive holders from Target in silver and icy green/blue, as well as two different types of clear snowflake holders. I also used small blue vases with white silk flower sprays. I also scattered acrylic jewels on the tulle.

Photobucket

At Cracker Barrel a few days after Christmas, I found these plates for 70% off. I originally thought my table would only have blue, silver and white, but these plates in ivory and gold were such a good deal I couldn't pass them up. The gold allowed me to use gold napkins and glassware with both gold and silver embellishment and I used gold and silver chargers. I also found ribbon with golden snowflakes at Michaels for 70% off which I tied for napkin rings.

Photobucket

Before I found the ribbon, I used silver napkin rings.

Photobucket

I will host my garden club on January 20th and use the table as a buffet. I am making cupcakes with fondant snowflakes. I have improvised a cupcake holder/tea tray with two platters and a cake stand from the 70% off Cracker Barrel sale, a flat topped glass bowl and a battery operated tea light.

Flash
Photobucket

No Flash to highlight the "Fire and Ice" effect
Photobucket

Comments and suggestions are welcomed! My table and this blog are a work in progress!
Photobucket

32 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

absolutely beautiful!I love the icy blue color....and your table setting is gorgeous... all the details... very nice!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

This is the most beautiful table setting I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.... Cindy

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

This would be wonderful for a Tablescape Tuesday! :-) I noticed you mentioned enjoying tablescapes in your profile. Would love to see you post this link or any other tablescape some Tuesday...just beautiful! Susan

Lana G! said...

Great color combinations! This is really pretty!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

This is beautiful. I love the ice blue with all of the crystal like things. The snowflake plates are very pretty. And I love the silver charger.

Kathleen said...

Very BLUE tiful!
Looks like the ice we have here...
Pretty table,,,,

Kathleen Ellis said...

Perfect winter tablescape! Love the colors you chose and the layering of the chargers...brilliant! Where did you find those beautiful silver chargers?
Welcome to TT as we call it!
Have a happy week!

Jewel Sauls said...

Thanks to all of you! Kathleen, I found the silver chargers at Ross Simons several years ago in their clearance catalog (back when they carried more table wares). I got 8 silverplated chargers and 8 5 piece sliverplated place settings of a pattern that looked a lot like Grand Baroque for about $35.00. I have really enjoyed them.

Unknown said...

Love the tree centerpiece. the whole table setting is beautiful.mishelle

Unknown said...

LOVING THIS!!! The tree in the middle of the table is just wonderful! You cannot go wrong with Mercury glass ever!
Nicely done!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! you are so creative! Beautiful job! I love your center piece and your snowy theme. Great atblescape...Debbie

Tardevil said...

I don't think you need any suggestions! That's an absolutely gorgeous table! Carolina Blue is ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL!!! :o) LOL!

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

I love what you've done with the tree branches! So original and creative! Everything is just gorgeous!

Diana LaMarre said...

Love that blue color and the use of tree brances. Just beautiful.

santamaker said...

Your centerpiece is stunning! Love it all!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

LOve ths nowflake plates...can't believe they're from Cracker Barrel! And thats hade of blue is just stunning. Welcome to Tablescape Tuesdays!

Wendy said...

Very Nice, I love the centerpiece, it is absolutely beautiful.

Wendy

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

It's gorgeous! Love the snowflake plates!! Wish I would have found those!! Centerpiece is great too!

A Hint of Home said...

What a wonderful winter wonderland table. Pretty blue colors.

Belinda said...

Your tablscape does look like a winter wonderland! So beautiful. :-) I love the icy blue and silver colors, but also love that you successfully managed to bring white and gold into the mix...very clever. :-)

Bo said...

I'd say you got this theme executed perfectly...love the icy blue! ;-) BO

Miss Janice said...

I love the colors of this tablescape, the blue, silvers....It's all just beautiful. I love that centerpiece. But you know, as a Southern girl, I just love your beach music!

Linda Q said...

Gorgeous and winterly magical!
Really love this pale icey blue color.
Linda

Maryrose said...

Love the icy blue, and the table is beautiful. I also think the snowflake dishes are very pretty.

Sue said...

lOVE THE ICE BLUE, LOOKS LIKE WONDERLAND OF ICE AND SNOWFLAKES.


SUE

Jean said...

Really beautiful, just like a fairyland.
Jean in Virginia

ellen b. said...

Love the color and all the sparkle! What a great idea with the light!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Your centerpiece looks like it has icicles hanging down! I love your colors!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Had to come back for a second look...just gorgeous. I know this is about the tablescape but can't help drooling over you beautiful room and that gorgeous fireplace! :-) Thanks so much for including this in this weeks TT...beautiful post! Susan

Jewel Sauls said...

Thanks y'all!

Galbreath House c. 1890 said...

What a wonderful old house with some really fabulous details. Your decorating looks magazine-quality terrific. I really enjoyed seeing your photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful indeed!

Plan to use this as my centerpiece for a Baby Girl Baby Shower candy table. The Shower is in January so not only will I use pink icicles, but also pink baby ornaments!

Thank you for a great idea!