Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Party with Laurie

Just for the Valentine's Day Party with Laurie at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie!

I took all the snowflakes of my Dining Room table last night just to have something to fresh to show at Laurie's Party. I went with a Red and Gold Valentine theme.

Photobucket

I started with a burgundy red tablecloth I got from Target years ago and then put a runner with cherubs on top. The closest I have to Cupid!


Photobucket

Photobucket

For the centerpeice I used a gold beaded charger from Tuesday Morning clearance. There was only one, so it is perfect for a centerpiece! On top of that is a stacking set of glass cakeplates with hearts along the edge. I accented them with blown glass hearts attached with heart ribbon and then threw red and pink acrylic heart scatters all over. On top is a vase with red roses. I once blogged a tutorial about how to do this centerpiece CLICK HERE.

Photobucket

For the place setting, I used gold chargers and Spode Pink Tower. The stemware- gold/silver Greek Key goblets and red wine hocks. Completed with my faux Grand Baroque silverplate and gold napkins with a red napkin ring. Someone asked last night where I got the Spode Pink Tower and I will answer them directly but in case you wonder too - I was lucky enough to get a whole set before Spode discontinued it. Wouldn't it figure that after I pick a new everyday pattern - one that has been in constant production since the 1830's - that Spode would discontinue it? SIGH!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was very happy with the results!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Around my house I have a few Valentine touches along with the winter and snowflakes!

My parlor

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And in the bay window on my parlor

Photobucket

Aren't the wine glasses gorgeous? My daughter Emily had them shipped to me from Ireland where she went with her college. They arrived the day before my birthday from Celtic Crystal!

Photobucket

In my foyer I have some more glass hearts.

Photobucket

And that's about it for my Valentine's Day decor!

To see more fun Valentine post go to Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie!

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi Jewel!
Those cherubs are perfect for Valentine's Day. Your table is very pretty, love those dishes and how you layered them!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous table and room!
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Weekend!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh how beautiful! I am visiting via the Valentine linky.
I wanted to invite you to the two linky parties I am planning. The first will be on February 23~ High Tea Tablescapes. Details can be found on my Wednesday posts. There will be PRIZES!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, THIS IS BREATH TAKING! That centerpiece is gorgeous, and the runner is so exquisite. The Spode Pink Tower is wonderful. Not only is this a beautiful setting, but it looks so pretty in your fabulous dining room. And oh, I love that lace mantel scarf. Such a pretty little table setting in your bay window. It all looks stunning. Thank you so much for clearing away your wonderful snow table to create this stunning Valentine table and for linking it to my party. laurie

Unknown said...

OMGosh...I'm now following you..We have something in common..LOL! I have that same deep burgandy table linen and another table linen ALMOST the same pattern as your runner..
Love Victorian homes..so lovely.
Hope you pop pver to see my Vintage Valentine lovelies..
Yours Sincerely,
Shirley

Sarah said...

Jewel, your valentine table is full of romance with all those sweet cherubs. Love the Spode plates.
Happy Valentine's Day! ~ Sarah

ellen b. said...

The wine glasses are beautiful. I'm glad you were able to switch out your snowflakes for these lovely Valentine scapes! I like the gold with the red...
My daughter is spending a lot of time in N.C. and will be living there after she marries her Marine after his deployment. She hasn't seen the lovelier parts of N.C. yet spending all her time at Camp Lejeune and flying into Jacksonville...

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thank you for your sweet visit. Love your pretty Valentine table. That beautiful runner is perfect with your transferware.

Kathleen Ellis said...

What a "LOVE"-ly table for Valentine's day! Those wine glasses from Ireland are just gorgeous!
Thanks for stopping by...it is fun being a bit more spontaneous in life, isn't it?!
Have a beautiful day, Jewel~
;-D Kathleen