Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

This week is the end of the Chinese New Year Celebration. So Valentines were put away and I put together a new tablescape for Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

Photobucket

Interestingly enough, there are still a lot of my Valentine's Day table elements. For Valentine's Day I used a Red and Gold palette and for Chinese New Year I added Light Blue to the Red and Gold!

Photobucket

I changed the darker burgundy tablecloth to one with a brighter red. I used the same gold chargers but on top of those I used light blue melamine plates that actually have an Asian flair. First a light blue plate, then a white/light blue floral print plate, then a blue flower shaped desert plate. And on top of that I used an acrylic martini glass which would be great for either desert or a fruit first course. Maybe lychee nuts!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used the same gold napkins with red napkin rings and the same stemware, but instead of flatware I used chopsticks, of course. Now if you made me really eat with those you would be in for a laugh! So there will be flatware close by when a meal is served!

For my centerpiece I used the same gold beaded lone place mat I used for Valentine's Day. This time I topped it with 2 blue mercury glass candlesticks and 2 Chinese dog figurines from the Target Dollar-ish Section several years ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

Photobucket

Photobucket

16 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Another beautiful table Jewel. Love the addition of the blues. those candlesticks are gorgeous! What a clever use of the martini glasses. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for some that are as pretty as those. I didn't have any pretty chop sticks to use on my Chinese NY table, but since none of us can use them , I'm never invested in any. Yours look so pretty on your table. laurie

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I really like the colour combo of this table, the blue with the deep red is very striking! That beaded placemat with the pillar candleholders makes a lovely centerpiece. I enjoy the challenge of eating with chopsticks! Makes me eat less!

DD

Debbie said...

The blues on this table are so different and create a completely unique look. Love the dishes in the middle of the plates. (Not sure what they're called)

And I would not be able to eat with chopsticks either.

Kathleen Ellis said...

Lovely table, Jewel! I love your color scheme....very unique and fun! The chopsticks add a nice touch!
Have a beautiful day~
;-D Kathleen

Donnie said...

That is really stunning. I love the light blue plates

Phyllis said...

Your table is truly wonderful and so unique with the blue and the reds. The blue flower plate that looks like blue milk glass is just fabulous and that shade of blue is gorgeous.

Alycia Nichols said...

Very nice color combination!!!

Marlis said...

love the jewel tones of the table. Your plates are so refreshing and look lovely with the table. Love chopsticks!!

Sue said...

Hi Jewel...another lovely table...those red goblets are stunning...

Niki said...

Gorgeous! I love all things Asian!! Such beautiful colors!! xiexie (thank you)!

xinex said...

So festive and colorful , Jewel! I love it...Christine

we three dogs and me said...

Very colorful and pretty. Love the red goblets and your candle holders

Chubby Chieque said...

Colour mixture is absolutely great idea and it works. Lovely pieces of your collection.

Happy TS,
/chie

Entertaining Women said...

The Azure Blue in the dinnerware is so beautiful...It adds the perfect Asian flair! Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

Marigene said...

I love the aqua with the red tablecloth...beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jewel! Lovely table and the colors are magnificent!
Thanks for popping in and my hubby did one reenactment and loved it!
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)