Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mardi Gras Time!

This week I have our table set for Mardi Gras! Of course, I will be linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday, although a little late since I have plans tonight!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started with my gold tablecloth and added plummy purple place mats which I then covered with my favorite golden beaded place mats. Then I added a gold charger and blogland's favorite china, Gibson Claremont White (Gollum's china). I topped that with a green napkin and metallic gold napkin ring.

I used acrylic flatware because it looked fun and sparkley and purple glasses as well as gold rimmed one - all keeping with the gold, green and purple colors of Mardi Gras.

Photobucket

For the centerpiece I used my silver wine cooler with gold beads sprouting from it and two Mardi Gras masks. I added beads and coins all around the wine cooler.

Photobucket

Here is the table in all it's gold, green and purple glory:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Fat Tuesday next week!

10 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Such a fun and festive table.
hugs ~lynne~

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady, I also love
Mardi Ggras ~~~We are having lot's of partys right now for the festive week in Texas. I love your Tablescape with all the colors on your table.~~~Great job !!!
xxoo
Diane

labbie1 said...

How lovely! I am truly enjoying your tablescapes and creativity! Happy Mardi Gras You have made my day a bit more fun and colorful! :)

La said...

Your tablescape is fit for a Cajun feast. We celebrated Mardi Gras last weekend with Jambalaya and King Cake. Tomorrow's post will feature our celebration.

Sue said...

I love the centerpiece...the colors, the feathers...so pretty. I think Mardi Gras colors are such fun and make a great table.

we three dogs and me said...

I also had fun putting togather Mardi gras. I also have a reason. My two nieces mother and daughter went to New Orleans after the flood and are teachers of poor children, grade school from flooded area.One kindergarden the other teaching nutrition and making meals from there own garden. She won 2,0000 dollars for new kitchen and cafateria.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun! Happy Mardi Gras!

Marigene said...

What a fun table! Happy Mardi Gras...

Tess said...

Such a pretty table...love those purple glasses. Your centerpiece is beautiful and VERY festive!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, this is the perfect Mardi Gras table. You had all of the right elements. The gold striped cloth is great, and the purple placemats and the bling are wonderful. Love the wine cooler with the feather thingy in it. Great Mardi Gras celebration. laurie