Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Luck of the Irish Tablescape

Photobucket

Once again it's Tablescape Thursday sponsored by Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH!

Photobucket

Thanks Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursday every week!

Although neither my husband nor myself are Irish, we love to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. For this year's table I chose the colors of the Irish flag - orange, white and green.

Photobucket

I used my Gibson "Gollum" dishes and green stemware that I got when I was married (can't remember the name or maker!). I used two napkins - one in orange and one in green. The napkin rings are part of the Gibson set and then I tucked mini flags in the napkin ring.

Photobucket

For my centerpiece, I used an ornament tree with Dept 56 glass ornaments in the shape of shamrocks and leprechauns. I placed this on a brass tray and scattered gold and green coins and green acrylic jewels.

Photobucket

I put green pillar candles on golden candleholders and used wreaths from Michael's in green with a dash of orange.

Photobucket

I used a few shamrock themed serving dishes on the table.

Photobucket

This is my favorite - from TJ Maxx a few years ago.

Photobucket

On my mantle, I used my silver wine cooler with the golden bead stems (remember Mardi Gras?) and draped them with green St. Patrick's Day beads and tucked in two Irish flags.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I haven't decided on the menu this year - maybe Shepherd's Pie??? At least the table is already set!!!!

A funny story - I noticed this morning that it was so easy to photograph the table. It hit me as I was uploading these pictures that all the chairs have been pushed from the table because we had a reception for a local civic group. Oh well, all the better to see the table, right????
Post a Comment