Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Cornucopias Runneth Over

Do you know someone who is really attractive in person, but just isn't photogenic? Well, that's like this tablecloth. It is a nice rich shade of green in person, but these photos just don't do it justice. Then again, maybe it's the photographer!!!

I put the wooden looking chargers on the green tablecloth and added Spode Woodland Turkey plates. I used pewter goblets and orange napkins with copper leaf napkin rings at each place.


It was very hard to photograph the centerpiece, mostly because of this green tablecloth, but I promise, it is pretty in person!

I put a brown sparkly charger/placemat in the center and a wicker cornucopia on top of that filled with all sorts of fall goodies.


At each place I put a mini cornucopia (from Target).



A little peek around the dining room:
My tea cart with a cornucopia tea set.


This colorful turkey on a beaded runner is on my larger buffet.

A cornucopia on top of the tureen

My hanging shelf full of turkeys!

I will be sharing this with:
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen and
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Be sure to visit these sites to see lots of lovely tables!

8 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Gorgeous! Your table is beautiful and rich with colors and the cornucopia is perfect! I do think your table is photogenic, it's beautiful with the transferware plates. The small cart is so sweet and so is yuour hutch. I will post mine tomorrow at Let's Dish..right now I'm stressed out glued on the TV, lol..Big hugs,
FABBY

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, First I just want to say that I'm beautiful in person-just not photogenic! that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Your table is stunning~so rich looking with that beautiful cloth and of course those Spode dishes. I love the little cornucopias at each place setting, and the bounty spilling out of the one in the center. I always love seeing your tea cart. wow! you've got some turkeys! They're great. laurie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely room and your tablescape is stunning. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Alycia Nichols said...

It was pretty easy to tell how pretty the tablecloth is when I enlarged the photo. Very pretty shade of green! It's a nice backdrop to the darker elements on the table. It allows them to stand out. Fun idea to use the sparkly placemat beneath the cornucopia!!!!! Of course, I LOVE the Spode!!! You just can't go wrong with Spode. It just speaks of tradition and warmth and all the good things of the holidays! Your shelf of turkeys is cute! They look like they're gathering for a quilting bee or coffee klatch! :-)

xinex said...

Oh Jewel, your tablecloth is pretty in the picture and I can onlt imagine how much prettier it is in person. I can see the glimmer. Your cornucopias are beautiful too...Christine

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous photos!Very creative! Love those beautiful fall colours. Warm and cozy setting.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Marigene said...

Jewel, I think green tablecloths photo terrible...I have never had one that didn't. I remember using a lime one and it turned out really muddy looking in the photo.
Your table truly is lovely...I just love turkey patterns.

Entertaining Women said...

Your guest are in store for a treat for the eyes, as well as a treat for the palate. I love the turkeys on the hanging shelf...that's an admirable collection of turkeys! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay