Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tea Time in my "Pumpkin Patch"

The table I usually spotlight in this blog is my dining room table. Today I am going to feature my parlor tea table. Every Fall the mantle in my parlor is covered with pumpkins, ceramic, plastic, glittered, plain, big and small. I jokingly call it my "Pumpkin Patch" - so today is Tea Time in my "Pumpkin Patch!"



The piecrust table sits in the bay window of my parlor and is covered with a round lace tablecloth. I have several glass pumpkins that I have been given or have bought through the years and I love how the light coming from the window lights up the pumpkins. I have a pumpkin tea set that I got from Cracker Barrel years ago. And at each place is a pumpkin plate and a pumpkin mug from Dollar General a few years ago. I then scattered silk leaves and acrylic leaf "jewels" all around.
Here is the "Pumpkin Patch!"



Speaking of mantles, I showed my dining room mantle last week. My theme was metallics: copper, silver and gold.


Here is the mantle in our library/study. Can you tell it's my husband's room? All he would let me do to the mantle was add the leaves. I did put a few turkeys around the room also!

My last mantle is in the billiards room and it is my favorite. I went with a pheasant theme.




I love how this little pumpkin glows at night!

I will be joining
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
and
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

9 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I would love to join you for tea on your beautiful pie crust table! All your fall decor is so welcoming. Linda

Marlis said...

Jewel, your pumpkin patch is just wonderful!!! OMG beautiful. I love the sweet pie crust table with the delightful pumpkin setting. Your mantels are all so beautiful, you have a beautiful touch. xo marlis

Sandra said...

You have an AMAZING pumpkin collection! They look lovely in your home.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautifully placed and very elegant!
What a talent!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Alycia Nichols said...

Piecrust table? I never knew that's what that design is called. I LIKE it! I like PIE...especially the crust!!!!!! :-) You have really worked hard to get your house decked out for the season! Now, tell me about this billiards room, my dear. Really? I want you to adopt me immediately. My parents won't mind. They don't really like me that much anyway. They just pretend. :-) Holy mackerel, woman! I'm looking at that great fireplace in there, and then I see that fabulous rolling library ladder (is that what it's called?), and I'm all gaga!!!! I have ALWAYS wanted one of those! Sadly, our library ceiling isn't tall enough to warrant one. :-( Great job, my sweet! Have a beautiful weekend!!!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, all of your mantels are gorgeous! How fun to have so many mantels to decorate. Your pumpkin patch mantel and your pumpkin patch tea table are wonderful. I love your pretty pie crust table, and I love the way that piece of lace just fits, so you can still see the pie crust edge. Those plates from $ General are adorable, and the light from the window does make those glass pumpkins glow. I hope you have a good weekend. laurie

xinex said...

Wow, Jewel!You do have a lot of lovely pumpkins! My favorites are the glass pones...Christine

Marigene said...

Your pie crust table is beautiful. What a wonderful collection of pumpkins! Thanks for sharing, Jewel.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful table, and your collection of pumpkins is wonderful!