Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dinner With Edgar Allen Poe

My table today is creepy and spooky and dedicated to Edgar Allen Poe.
One of my friends had a pumpkin she had made for herself and I loved it, so I commissioned one from her for me! As you can see the pumpkin is covered with words and quotes from Edgar Allen Poe and the raven on top has a locket with his picture. I love the storage bag also! Here is the table inspired by this centerpiece:
White tablecloth, black lace spiderweb runner, purple velvet place mats and black jeweled chargers all make up the eerie table.
I used white china and an orange silk napkin. On each napkin ring is a small "raven." Michaels may call them crows, but in this table they are RAVENS! I used pewter and red cut glass goblets at each place setting.
I used spider webbing and red candles in my candelabras and elevated the Raven Pumpkin on a cake stand. I also scattered clear, black, orange and red jewels everywhere. I made the mantle spooky also -
And also the teacart -
I added a few serving pieces on the table.
And Dinner with Edgar Allen Poe is ready!
Linking to Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch!
Post a Comment