Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Haunted House Cake

Last night for my Bridge Club I made a Haunted House Caramel Pumpkin Cake and I wanted to share pictures.
I used my NordicWare Christmas Cottage Bundt pan.
You can see how changing the icing and candy decorations it gave it a whole different look! I used the recipe that is sweeping the internet where you just use a 15 oz can of pumpkin and cake mix (any flavor - I used Caramel by Duncan Hines), beat for 2 minutes and bake at 350 deg for 27 minutes. I had baked it before in a rectangular glass baking dish and was happy that it worked in the House Bundt pan also.
I used Wilton canned frosting in orange and black with the tips included, a candy corn, mellowcreme pumpkin candy mix and marshmallow ghosts to decorate. A photo from Williams-Sonoma for their Haunted Gingerbread kit inspired me.
I had forgotten how black icing can turn your tongue and teeth black, so I warned everyone before they ate! We all had a good laugh! Here is the back of the house.
I hope you enjoyed my Haunted House as much as I enjoyed making it!
Linking with Designs by Gollum. Visit her blog for more great recipes!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

That is adorable! I never saw that pan!
Is it an old one?

Black teeth, how funny!

Karen S Booth said...

That is spookily fabulous Jewel! LOVELY cake and so seasonal too!

Marigene said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

Soooh... cute! Pat

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This is soooo cute! laurie

Diana LaMarre said...

Adorable! and it looks like such a fun cake to make.