Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea!

It's been so hot lately, I need a cool tablescape. And what is more refreshing and cooling than the sea?

Photobucket

I used a white tablecloth and my trusty tiffany blue tulle and added some goodies purchased from 2 recent trips to watery destinations and came up with this table.

Photobucket

I used my silver beaded placemats with blue ruffled placemats from TJ Maxx. Then I added a white Gibson Claremont dinner plate topped with a blue and white seersucker napkin (Target), a blue capiz shell salad plate (Target) and shell butter knife (Big Lots). I added clear plastic flatware and Fostoria Heritage glassware and put a shell place card holder at each place.

Photobucket

With Flash

Photobucket

Without Flash

Photobucket

My place

Photobucket

Around the table I added an oyster plate

Photobucket

Photobucket

And some fish salt and peppers frolicking among the tulle waves

Photobucket

A silver shell dish with spreaders

Photobucket

And a shell pitcher

Photobucket

To make the whole table an under the sea sensation!

Photobucket

And for the centerpiece I used a large clam shell from Target years ago, filled with blue and clear glass vase filler beads, like sea glass with various shells and sea creatures scattered throughout. Two turquoise mercury glass candle holders and light blue candles round out the centerpiece.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And on the mantle, I draped more tulle and a turquoise vase with bubbly, pearl and silver stems, flanked by silver mercury glass candle holders.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And even the wicker tea cart got a sea side tea towel!

Photobucket

Stay cool and have a wonderful Tea Time Tuesday and Tablescape Thursday!

21 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So pretty -- love your tulle and aqua colors. We were both thinking beachy thoughts this week.

labbie1 said...

I looked at this one and thought Ahhhhhh...refreshing.

I have never seen tourquoise mercury glass. How lovely!

Thanks for the refreshing display...

Tricia said...

So magical! The tulle adds an ethereal touch and I love the ruffly placemats atop the sparkly silver ones!

Marlis said...

The tulle is a great touch. I love the colored mercury glass. so perfect on this table. Love the wavy placemats, they remind me of waves. So charming. thanks for sharing, xo marlis

Entertaining Women said...

I need to check out Target...those shell dishes are fantastic! I think that all your lovely aqua touches caused the temperature to drop by at least 20º. Thank you for sharing your wonderful design. Cherry Kay

Alycia Nichols said...

I am just tickled to death with those fish salt & pepper shakers!!! What fun! I "sea" your point with the beautiful blue! :-)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I feel like I have just taken a trip to the beach... a very classy beach!
The aqua tulle is so reminiscence of the ocean. You are very creative! I love all the shells and the gorgeous plate!
Those little salt and peppers really look like they are jumping the waves. Such a wonderful table! I am taking so much inspiration from here!
Yvonne

Tess said...

Wow!! Looks just like a clear aquamarine ocean! Beautiful and relaxing-looking!

Tardevil said...

Beautiful table. Love the tulle, all the aqua and the dishes.

Jocelyn said...

This is truly a cool and refreshing table. Beautifully done.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your table scape, but am obsessed with your tea cart. That is probably the best tea cart I have ever seen!

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

Drooling, just sitting here drooling over your candle holders and candles!!!!!

~~~~Wendy

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Beautiful! Those gorgeous aquas makes me think of the Caribbean! You have not left out one detail...from the centerpiece to the plates and accessories...it's so pretty! And, that wicker tea cart is to die for!!!

Nancy

xinex said...

Very pretty, Jewl! I love your oyster plates among everything else. I created an ocean themed table too but mine's a buffet....Christine

Karen S Booth said...

Absolutely stunning Jewel and you have nailed the colour scheme so well, it is cool and fresh and yet seaside-ish too!Love your little shell plates and the knives......a BEAUTIFUL setting!
Karen

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Love how you used the tulle to give one a sense of movement and water. I'm really into aqua and turquoise right now, so I just love this. All of the details are just perfect.

Karin Şen Cankan said...

The table is gorgeous, the colar aquas just made my day, and the tulle o the colar looks just like a blue lagoon.

Loved the oyster and shell dishes such a beautiful breath taking table setting.

Thank you for sharing.

Lots of Love,
Karin Şen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

CNM said...

Love the place mats and the all the teal! So pretty!

http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com/2011/07/splash-of-green.html

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I visited your blog today. Your aqua table setting is lovely. Torqoise and aqua are one of my favorite colors. It makes me want to re-do a room in that color. You have alot of pretty ideas. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Kathleen said...

That looks beautiful, Jewel! I love those colors, very refreshing! The pitcher is wonderful!

I did a aqua toile table last week, just couldn't resist the dishes in HG clearance!

HiLLjO said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love your Fostoria ware!