Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting Ready for St. Patrick's Day!

Well no sooner than Mardi Gras is over it is time to think about St. Patrick's Day! I will be linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

Photobucket

Here is my dining room all ready for the Wearing of the Green! Notice my new Oriental Rug - unrelated to St. Patrick's Day, but notice it anyway!!!

Photobucket

I started with my gold tablecloth (it is SO versatile!) and put a gold charger at each place. On top of that I put felt shamrocks from Michael's.

Photobucket

I added an orange napkin with a metallic napkin ring and a green goblet (from Target a few years ago). My flatware is Wordsworth Stainless by Oneida.

Photobucket

For my centerpiece I used my ornament tree filled with glass ornaments. At the base of the ornament tree, the leprechauns have left some of their gold, jewels and empty bottles of Irish Cheer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

On my large buffet I have some more felt shamrocks which will make nice "trivets."

Photobucket

On the mantle I have green pillar candles on golden candleholders with a green and orange decorative ring from Michael's and vases with Irish flags.

Photobucket

In the bay window I have my antique wicker tea cart with a few shamrock serving pieces and a linen tea towel that my younger daughter bought me in Ireland in January.

Photobucket

Can't wait to see how everyone else is getting ready for St. Patrick's Day!
Post a Comment