Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting Ready for St. Patrick's Day!

Well no sooner than Mardi Gras is over it is time to think about St. Patrick's Day! I will be linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

Photobucket

Here is my dining room all ready for the Wearing of the Green! Notice my new Oriental Rug - unrelated to St. Patrick's Day, but notice it anyway!!!

Photobucket

I started with my gold tablecloth (it is SO versatile!) and put a gold charger at each place. On top of that I put felt shamrocks from Michael's.

Photobucket

I added an orange napkin with a metallic napkin ring and a green goblet (from Target a few years ago). My flatware is Wordsworth Stainless by Oneida.

Photobucket

For my centerpiece I used my ornament tree filled with glass ornaments. At the base of the ornament tree, the leprechauns have left some of their gold, jewels and empty bottles of Irish Cheer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

On my large buffet I have some more felt shamrocks which will make nice "trivets."

Photobucket

On the mantle I have green pillar candles on golden candleholders with a green and orange decorative ring from Michael's and vases with Irish flags.

Photobucket

In the bay window I have my antique wicker tea cart with a few shamrock serving pieces and a linen tea towel that my younger daughter bought me in Ireland in January.

Photobucket

Can't wait to see how everyone else is getting ready for St. Patrick's Day!

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like you're ready for St. Pat's Day! Lovin' the great shamrock chargers and your cute ornament centerpiece-enjoy:@)

Marlis said...

Lovely table and your centerpiece is real fun. I love your shamrocks!

ellen b. said...

Love the rug and that side table. You have some fun St. Patrick's day accessories!

Slice of Pie said...

Love the table ... the baubles are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I was wondering where everyone was getting the great shamrock chargers, and I'm glad you mentioned Michael's in your post. You are certainly ready for a fine St. Patrick's Day celebration! Looks great!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, the rug is gorgeous and perfect for your beautiful dining room. I don't remember ever seeing your beautiful tea cart. what a treasure that is! Love all of your Irish ornaments on the tree, and how cute those shamrock mats are. laurie

Entertaining Women said...

It's amazing what they can make out of felt these days...the green felt shamrocks are so effective and good looking. I like the pop of gold with all your green appointments. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

Tardevil said...

I don't know why I've never noticed that buffet before, but it is gorgeous. I'm also upset that I didn't see those felt shamrocks at my Michael's. LOVE the tea towel your daughter brought you from Ireland. I think I need to find some more St. Patrick's day decor after seeing all yours! ;o)

A Perfect Setting said...

Great idea to use the tree as your centerpiece. Shamrocks are adorable with your design! Great job!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Jewel -- what a beautiful new run! I know you'll enjoy that for a long time -- perfect for your diningroom for every holiday. I really love your Irish linen on your pretty tea cart. I'll be having daughter and family over for the birthday on the 14th -- it's always St. Patrick's themed. love seeing your ideas.

Kathleen said...

Hi Jewel,
I love that tea towel from Ireland beautiful! What a fun table.
The 4 leaf clovers from Michaels are adorable. I was looking for Shamrocks like that to represent the Trinity.

Have a great weekend!
Kathleen

YourTeaLife said...

Hi Jewel,
Love your Irish theme. The felt shamrocks are really eye catching and I love the tea towel on your tea cart.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Pat

Marigene said...

Very festive table, Jewel! Love your Irish tree centerpiece.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady ~~~
Very festive table sweet lady.I love your centerpiece !!!
I hope you and your family have a Great St.Patrick's Day xxxoo
Diane

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Your table looks so cute. I love those shamrock placemats. I'm just putting the finishing touch on my table now for tomorrow's dinner. Now to remember to push the clocks ahead.

labbie1 said...

I so look forward to your tablescapes and St. Patrick's Day did not disappoint! Your wicker tea cart is just wonderful!

Stitchfork said...

Love the gleen glasses! You are certainly ready for a St. Paddy's Day feast!
Cathy