Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Preparations

All the winter holidays are very close on the calendar this year! I'm going ahead with St. Patrick's Day, so I can start thinking about Easter!




I started with my gold tablecloth. Full disclosure, it was already on my table from my Presidents' Day tablescape HERE, and I think it makes a nice backdrop for St. Patrick's Day colors and it reminds me of the leprechaun's gold at the end of the rainbow. I used orange napkins for the orange in the flag of Ireland.


I used gold chargers and felt shamrock placemats at each place setting. The china I used is Lenox Springdale. These plates were a gift from a friend whose parents were downsizing and wanted their china to have a good home! I think they are just right for this table.


The centerpiece that I use each year is my ornament tree with Shamrocks, Leprechauns, and generally Irish ornaments, with gold coin scattered at the base.


So here's to a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: