Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spode Blue Italian

When I started blogging in 2009, I didn't have any blue and white china. I drooled over my blogging friends blue and white dishes for a year until I couldn't stand it! For my birthday in 2010, I started collecting Spode Blue Italian.


The Italian Pattern was introduced by Spode in 1816 and was an immediate success. It has remained popular for almost 200 years! The scene in the middle is a bit of a mystery, but it definitely has classical origins. The border has a Chinese influence.

I found a wonderful offer for 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates and 4 mugs when I started this pattern. 

Then I started getting bowls next.


I want to get the tea cups and saucers next - and of course the tea pot!

I love the historical look and the easy care/microwave-safe properties!


I've combined this with my Spode Tower Pink for a Patriotic Look HERE.

And it got the ROYAL (wedding) treatment HERE.

And it even looks good in autumn HERE!








No comments: