Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dogwoods in Carolina on My Mind

As I promised last week, I have packed up all the snowmen, snowflakes and wintery items. So - On to Spring! I do have some daffodils blooming, but the rest of my yard still looks a little bare. So I decided to go with some faux dogwoods until the real ones bloom!


I used a gold tablecloth and a gold sequined charger to start. I then added a Carolina Blue vase and ruffled place mats in the same shade. Dogwood is the state flower of North Carolina which you may remember from a table I did last year CLICK HERE TO SEE.

I used white plates with a Dogwood paper salad plate on top with matching place card holders. The pine cone salt shaker is for the state tree and the cardinal pepper shaker is for the state bird of NC.



On the mantle, I used blue candleholders with pink dogwood ornaments I found on clearance at Belk.




I will be linking to Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen

and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

14 comments:

Diane said...

Lovely table setting. I will be very happy when we have some spring flowers out. Diane

Marigene said...

The combination of gold and aqua is really pretty. I wouldn't have guessed those little dogwood plates to be made of paper.

xinex said...

How pretty, Jewel! I love the colors you put together. I couldn't even tell that those beautiful dogwood plates are paper...Christine

Marlis said...

Very pretty. The blue and gold is always so pleasing to see. Your North Carolina table is stunning!! xo marlis

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, yes....dogwood! I think we chatted about this last year. It's North Carolina's state flower and Missouri's state tree. Oddly enough, we don't have even one dogwood tree in our yard! Note to self: Rectify that situation! :-) I love this with all the pretty Carolina blue! I know it was hard to put away the winter stuff (for me, too!), but Spring is almost here!!!!! Hooray!!!!

The Tablescaper said...

Great taste of Spring.

- The Tablescaper

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, I love the way you followed through on your State theme - even the salt and paper shakers are North Carolina related. This aqua blue is so pretty on the gold. I love any place setting on those ruffly place mats, but they are especially pretty in that color. What pretty paper plates. You could have fooled me. I thought they were china. laurie

Glenda said...

Very pretty table. Carolina blue is my favorite since that's my native state! I love the paper plates too!

Crystal Grandeur said...



Very pretty table.i always love water related colours.very rich setting...:):):)

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

I like the layering of the cloth and the place mats. I wouldn't have thought that the square plates were paper either. Beautiful!

Entertaining Women said...

The turquoise blues with the dogwood are so beautiful. Lovely tablescape. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Marty Walden said...

You did NC proud! I'm in Greenesboro :)

Thank you for commenting on my blue bottle centerpiece. That was so encouraging! Please stop by and make yourself at home at Marty's Musings!

Marty

Kathleen said...

This looks Springy and I am anxious for it!
Don't forget the St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl on Mar. 13th at Cuisine Kathleen's!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Hello Jewels,

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your table setting. It is so lovely.

Have a wonderful week and stop by anytime... I love to have you.

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com