Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas in the Forest

I made some adjustments to last week's table, March of the Wooden Soldiers which you can see by clicking HERE, and now have Christmas in the Forest!


I kept the same red tablecloth but added a green runner with pine cone accents that I got a Big Lots. I put a decorative pitcher that also has pine cone accents and filled it with golden beaded stems.


I flanked the pitcher with silver and gold trees of various types, some that are made of pine cones. I also put a few gold and bronze blown glass pine cone ornaments scattered around the trees like they had fallen. And then I put two votive candle holders that are a bronzy color and have a quilted texture. Why - because they remind me of pine cones, of course!
At each place setting I kept the gold charger and Cuthbertson Chistmas plates and pewter goblets. I added a glass goblet with a silver and gold rim and napkins with a pine cone print and metal pine cone napkin rings.

On the mantle I added more trees.


And there you have it - March of the Wooden Soldiers changes to Christmas in the Forest!


I will be linking to Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
and
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch

11 comments:

YourTeaLife said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table and mantel!

Alycia Nichols said...

Hey, Jewel! This is a really good example of how one can make their holiday entertaining a whole lot easier by just making a few calculated changes instead of giving everything the ol' heave-ho and starting from scratch. If you have multiple dinner parties planned, you can still give each group a unique experience without having to completely rethink the whole kit & kaboodle. Very nice!!!!

Marigene said...

Beautiful table...the cone trees make a great centerpiece.

Elaine said...

LOVE your forest-themed table and mantel!!!

Anonymous said...

I see we both have the tree thing going this season. Until I started pulling them out of the closet, I didn't realize I had so many. They are quite fun to work with and very versatile. Want to combine?

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

So many pretty trees, Jewel. What a difference those few changes made. Your table is beautiful. Thank you so much for praying for our little Dylan. laurie

Marlis said...

The trees are so pretty.. It's a great way to tie in the dishes to the centerpiece! Your table looks so lovely. I'd love to sit there with you. xo marlis

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

I love all different trees grouped to together. Great idea! Thank you!

Entertaining Women said...

Delightful! I also enjoy changing up my holiday table several times during the Christmas season. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beautiful! Jewel, I love seeing your tablescapes in your gorgeous historic home. Your Christmas table is wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and your family!