Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Flamingo Fling!

One of the fun activities I did this summer was a painting session at our local Arts Council. My daughter and I attended and both painted Flamingos - So I had to do a Flamingo Table to celebrate!

Luckily, Target had flamingo plates and straws on Clearance, which I added to items I already owned and Voila - a flamingo fling!


For my centerpiece I cut zinnias from my garden and put them in a green vase on top of the paper plaid runners.

Here are our inspirational "masterpieces" on the mantle.

Here is a close up of the place setting - fun and informal!

Full view of table and mantle.

Sharing this with
Let's Dish with Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

10 comments:

Marlis said...

Those are wonderful masterpieces. I love them!!! Your table is so pretty. Love the colors and the runners! xo marlis

dizzyizzy said...

So much fun. I love the tropical fair!

Diann said...

How fun! Let's face it, how can you not smile when you see pink flamingos? Visiting from Let's Dish!

Olive said...

What could be better than a Flamingo Fling? Visiting from Let's Dish, Olive

Alycia Nichols said...

"Flamingo Fling!" I like that!!! That's pretty cool! You both did a really good job! I can't draw a stick figure using a ruler, so I KNOW I would be lousy at art!!! :-) Fun concept, and it's even better since you were able to buy some of the elements on sale! I love a good sale!

Deanna said...

Such a cheery table! Makes for a nice place to gather round the table and chat while eating.
Hope you'll drop by my place and say hello,
d

Miss Merry said...

Adorable flamingos! You are both wonderful artists. Your table is so bright and cheery - I love all the pink and lime. Very pretty.

Marigene said...

What a fun table, Jewel!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Jewel,
what a cute and fun table. so colorful and like those flamingos.
Also thanks so much for your visit
and your sweet comments.
Blessings, Nellie

Kathleen said...

Two flamingo tables this week, how cute!
Love your colorful table, Jewel!