Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

30th Anniversary Party

I have been such a lazy blogger this summer! But I do have to share a very special tablescape with you that was for my 30th Anniversary Party. The party was extra special because it was given by my two daughters!
There were several inspirations for the tablescape. First, the traditional gift for the 30th anniversary is Pearls, so naturally there were lots of pearls. Then because my fine china looks like this
and my dining room wallpaper has cherry blossoms on it, my daughters decided to go with a pink blossom theme.
Here is the invitation, which has pink quince blossoms on it.

They made customized cherry blossom monogrammed party picks, which were almost too pretty to use!

The Fine Line Market had the cutest monogrammed cake topper and napkins!

My daughter got a cake covered with cherry blossoms and put pearls all around as well as pictures of our wedding. See the cherry blossoms on the wallpaper, too?


The table was covered in a new pink tablecloth with a lace topper from our reception 30 years ago! The centerpiece was a vase filled with pearls, gold marbles and pink acrylic jewels holding cherry blossoms.


The mantle was decorated with more pearls and pictures.
We had a wonderful time and I was very proud of my daughters! I will be sharing this with
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch

17 comments:

Olive said...

How sweet of your daughters to throw such a nice party in honor of such an important day. The cake is pretty. Visiting from Let's Dish, Olive

Marlis said...

What a lovely lovely party. Happy Anniversary belatedly. Your china is so pretty and using it as a theme is absolutely thoughtful! Just love it all. xo marlis

YourTeaLife said...

What a lovely anniversary party. Your sweet daughters' attention to so many beautiful details makes it all the more special. Happy Anniversary!
Pat

Aledia said...

How sweet of your daughters to throw a party! Everything is just lovely...~Happy Anniversary~

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Diane said...

Oh wow what a wonderful present from your daughters. They have obviously learnt a lot from you over the years. Belated Happy Anniversary. Diane

xinex said...

Oh how thoughtful of your daughters to give you such a beautiful party. Happy Anniversary, Jewel!...Christine

Tea in Texas said...

Talent runs in your family! Your daughters were so thoughtful to give you a special gift of the table setting and cake! The cherry blossoms are gorgeous and your china is too. What is the name of your china for I love the pattern! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary with your family!

Thanks for sharing!
Pam

Chubby Chieque said...

So nice of your daughter thinking of your anni.

Love the monograms and that is absolutely my and love of my life's monogram *LoL

Happy TS

Greetings from a rainy Stockholm,
/CC

Anonymous said...

I'm late, but happy anniversary! What wonderful sweet daughters you have to have given you such a beautiful party! The table looks gorgeous and so does your mantle. The cake is beautiful. I'm sure this will be hard to top next year! :)
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Tablescaper said...

This is gorgeous! Congratulations. Love the details!!!

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for the daughters! As pretty as everything is I like even more about the loving effort that went into it.

Marigene said...

Happy anniversary, Jewel!

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, my goodness! You were getting married and my stepdaughter was being born all around the same time! And now we shared a similar theme!!! That is so wild! I love the 3-D cherry blossoms on the cake! Gorgeous!!! Your daughters did a wonderful job! Congratulations to you and your husband for 30 wonderful years, and I wish you 30 more that are even better! Thanks for stopping by my place!

Kathleen said...

Happy 30th, Jewel!
How sweet of your girls to do such a nice party for you! The china is gorgeous!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Happy Anniversary, Jewel and Mr. Jewel! Obviously, your daughters take after their mother. Their beautiful and clever invitations and party setting look like something you would create. I think you've raised them right! laurie

Entertaining Women said...

Happy Anniversary! Your daughters planned such a beautiful party for you. I love that cake! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

Happy Belated (very) Anniversary! All the cherry blossoms are beautiful. You are very blessed to have your daughters. They did a great job.

I'm sorry it took me so long, but I am following now. Going back to see what else I missed.