Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

There are just too many tablescaping holidays in February this year and they are all in one week's time! But I couldn't let Mardi Gras pass without a table! I will be linking to Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch! Photobucket

Photobucket

I started with my gold tablecloth and added plummy purple place mats which I then covered with my favorite golden beaded place mats. Then I added a gold charger and blogland's favorite china, Gibson Claremont White (Gollum's china). I topped that with a green napkin and metallic gold napkin ring.

I used acrylic flatware because it looked fun and sparkley and purple glasses as well as gold rimmed one - all keeping with the gold, green and purple colors of Mardi Gras.

Photobucket

For the centerpiece I used my silver wine cooler with gold beads sprouting from it and two Mardi Gras masks. I added beads and coins all around the wine cooler.

Photobucket

Here is the table in all it's gold, green and purple glory:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Fat Tuesday!

5 comments:

Miss Janice said...

Love your setting and the centerpiece is festive and fantastic for the Mardi Gras season!

labbie1 said...

How beautiful! I LOVE it! Bright and fun--just like Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday! Happy Fat Tuesday to you as well.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun that we're often thinking alike! We can just table hop for a fun Mardi Gras celebration. Love your authentic mask. I borrowed one last year....but I've never been, so this year I made do with Dollar Tree masks.

Unknown said...

Love your table! great work! Joann

Alycia Nichols said...

It does seem that the decorating challenges are just coming from all directions this month! I'm glad you did this table because it really reflects the spirit of the Mardi Gras holiday! Great use of the champagne bucket!!!!!!!