Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Royal Wedding

In anticipation of the Royal Wedding, my daughter and I created a tablescape which I will be linking to Tea Time Tuesday and Tablescape Thursday.

Photobucket

Since we couldn't find a sapphire blue tablecloth, we started with a white tablecloth and used blue fabric to make a runner. Then we added red and white ribbons to form a Union Jack design. For the centerpiece, we pulled out the "crown jewels" and put them in an apothecary jar which we topped with a tiara.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we surrounded the jar with various British and Royal Wedding symbols.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For each place setting, we used a red place mat with a golden charger topped with a Spode Blue Italian (which is really very British) dinner plate. I used Oneida Wordsworth flatware and three different types of stemware.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On each white napkin with a gold napkin ring, I put a Royal Wedding pin. There are several different styles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the whole table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will be going to a brunch at a friend's house to see the wedding. My husband will be sleeping in as he doesn't care and can't figure out why I have turned our dining room in to a tribute to the British Royals! To each their own!!!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How clever! Love this -- and how fun to brunch with a friend and watch the wedding. Have fun!

Kolby Kucyk said...

I love it! You have done a regal job making the most fabulous royal table. :)

labbie1 said...

Lovely!!!!!

I will be recording and watching when I wake up. I do have to admit I saw Prince Charles and Princess Di's wedding and I am looking forward to seeing their son's wedding!!!!

Lovely tribute!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm totally in love with this ROYAL TABLE! The English would've been so proud to see this loveliness and talent!...you have such great elements also to create such beauty...I'm loving it! I'm here at Lady K's tea party too!
CHEERS!
FABBY

Marisa said...

How fun! I love the apothacary jar full of gems with the tiara!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a brilliant idea...this table is perfect for Royal Wedding viewing! Elegant and patriotic!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

What a creative and fun table.
Nate burkus show was all about that today, having a royal wedding party to view the actual wedding, what a great idea, only wish I had thought of it earlier.
Not quite sure what time it will be on tv either, need to try and find out!
Lovely royal table I must say chap!!
lol
Blessings, Nellie

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Wow! What a fun table! You really went all out. Love the buttons! Looks like you've thought of everything! Have a great time!

A Toile Tale said...

What fabulous fun! Where do you find those great pins? I'm going to a box lunch exchange and I would sooo love to have those pins to include. Enjoy the fun day.
Linda @ A Toile Tale

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Oh I love it! I have been wondering if anyone would do a tablescape for the wedding. I would love to but sadly do not own a tiara and think that is a must for this setting! You nailed it! Great job!

Lynn said...

What a great table! I love the keep calm and marry a prince button:@) Have fun at the brunch!

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Beautifully done and VERY creative! I really thought more people would have shared in your enthusiasm for the Royal Wedding, but it has not been seen on the blogs as I thought it would have. THANK YOU so much for sharing!! This was a delightful surprise over at Susan's Tablescape party... enJOY your table and the day!

:D Lynda

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi CJ,
What a great table to celebrate the royal wedding!

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

Looks great! Very creative!

Cat Martin said...

I absolutely think it's GRAND! What a wonderfult tribute! I saw Prince William's parents get married. I will be looking at their son's as well. Have a great time at your brunch!


Cat Martin

Dannyelle said...

Beautiful table, I love all the jewel details.
Dannyelle at www.lifeisaparty.ca

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Oh I love the pins. I want the keep calm and marry a prince one!

Entertaining Women said...

Have a ball...your husband will be missing all the fun. Your table is darling...ingenious actually. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Entertaining Women said...

Have a ball...your husband will be missing all the fun. Your table is darling...ingenious actually. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Andrea Tablescape said...

Love it! Featured you today!
http://tablescapex3.blogspot.com/2011/04/great-blog-finds-4_9129.html

Marigene said...

CJ, your table is fit for royalty...I love it!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jewel, that Union flag runner is brilliant! Your table looks so pretty AND so royal! Fun, fabulous idea! laurie

Miss Janice said...

My husband didn't understand all the hoopla either. For that, he slept in the cottage outback:) Love your tablescape! I'm still obsessed with the whole wedding and Duchess Catherine and her sister Pippa!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

What a fun table! Festive and royally fun! :)

Karen S Booth said...

I LOVE this - this is JUST amazing!