Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Blogiversary - Barely Blue Winter Wonderland

Today is my one year anniversary of my blog! I can't believe it. I have made so many special friends and seen SO many gorgeous tables! I am so busy at work right now, I haven't been able to come up with a good way to celebrate........SO, I am just posting my first blog entry again.

I have decided to use this blog to catalog my table settings. The first table of the year is Winter Wonderland: Barely Blue.

I am submitting this for Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan (Between Naps on the Porch).

Thanks Susan!

Photobucket

I didn't want all the sparkle to go away after I put up the Christmas decorations, so I decided that I would create a Winter Wonderland of ice and snow. I spay painted limbs silver and used icicle and snowflake ornaments as well as strung acrylic "jewels" in "Barely Blue" shades. I used Tiffany Blue tulle as a table runner over a slightly off-white table cloth and tulle on the mantle. I put blue "marbles" and clear acrylic pieces that look like cracked ice in a vase to hold the limbs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put the vase in the center of a silver wreath from Target and filled in the gap between the wreath and the vase with silver and blue Christmas ornaments.

On the mantle, I put limbs in a blue round vase and made a bow from blue and silver sheer ribbon. I hung jewels, icicles and ornaments in silver and blue on the limbs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beside the vase I put silver limbs and golden ferns from Target and silver poinsettias and wired pearls from Michaels. At the ends, I used silver mercury glass candle pillars with white fake candles embossed with silver snowflakes.

Photobucket

In the small white vases, I had small silver spray painted limbs with 3 silver ball ornaments.

On the table, I had mercury glass votive holders from Target in silver and icy green/blue, as well as two different types of clear snowflake holders. I also used small blue vases with white silk flower sprays. I also scattered acrylic jewels on the tulle.

Photobucket

At Cracker Barrel a few days after Christmas, I found these plates for 70% off. I originally thought my table would only have blue, silver and white, but these plates in ivory and gold were such a good deal I couldn't pass them up. The gold allowed me to use gold napkins and glassware with both gold and silver embellishment and I used gold and silver chargers. I also found ribbon with golden snowflakes at Michaels for 70% off which I tied for napkin rings.

Photobucket

Before I found the ribbon, I used silver napkin rings.

Photobucket

I will host my garden club on January 20th and use the table as a buffet. I am making cupcakes with fondant snowflakes. I have improvised a cupcake holder/tea tray with two platters and a cake stand from the 70% off Cracker Barrel sale, a flat topped glass bowl and a battery operated tea light.

Flash
Photobucket

No Flash to highlight the "Fire and Ice" effect
Photobucket

Comments and suggestions are welcomed! My table and this blog are a work in progress!
Photobucket

21 comments:

Tardevil said...

Gorgeous! I love the color combinations!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tablescape is just magical. I so love it all. Love all the wonderful use of the silver and the gold. All the pretty blue and white is just gorgeous. Your placesettings are stunning. Lovely. Hugs, Marty

Tardevil said...

BTW, got so caught up in the table decor, I forgot to wish you a happy blogoversary! Love those plates and that tree is stunning!

Martha said...

Happy anniversary!

Very pretty tablescape!

Sue said...

Happy Blogversary!...beautiful table as usual...love the colors and the fireplace in your dining room is just a wonderful addition....all dining rooms should come standard with fireplaces....

Rettabug said...

Icey blues & sparkely bling....woo-hoo! love it all & I'm so glad you re-posted this, as I had not seen it before.

Anonymous said...

Very stunning. I love it. And you were so creative and clever. Rosie

Unknown said...

Beautiful table, the blue and silver are great together.
Sandy

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I love blue, white & metallics together. So pretty!

Donna said...

Very pretty table. Great combination of colors.

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

What a beautiful tablescape! I love your blue and silver color combination. The tree for the centerpiece is just perfect. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Dreamgoddess said...

Jewel, you know I always love your tables, but this is one of my all time favorites. I love the color combination, just gorgeous!

Diana LaMarre said...

Congrats on your one-yr. anniversary! The blue and silver is so pretty together.

Linda Q said...

Ooo that is pretty. Love the tree with all the ornaments , just magical looking.
Linda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Happy Blogoversiry! Now this is one stunning tablescape -- I love how this is put together -- it just looks like a fairy tale! Your guests will love this!

Marigene said...

Happy 1st year of blogging! Your table is so pretty...love the aqua with the silver and gold. Love the twig tree with the aqua ornaments.

Kathleen said...

Happy Blogaversary! I love the colors you used...so pretty!

Chubby Chieque said...

The blue-silver colour combination really fits your nice room.

Happy blogaversary...

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Happy Blogoversary!! Your tablescape is amazing. I love the colors, along with the silver makes quite a statement. Did you say where you got your beautiful silver plates/chargers? Your party is going to be a "huge" success!! I would love to be guest at your beautiful table.hugs ~lynne~

The Tablescaper said...

Oh so pretty and icy! So glad you reposted. Congrats on your anniversary!!!
- The Tablescaper

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Well, It looks like I may be on your blog all night. I've missed a lot of posts on your blog, and this one is breath taking! Love the tree, and your mantle looks gorgeous! That tule is just such a beautiful color and your ornaments, vases, etc. are gorgeous with it. laurie