Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

At the Beach...in my mind!

Summertime and the living is busy! But I did manage to whip up a summery, beachy tablescape! I was actually at the beach last weekend and hated to leave, so it's always fun to have a little beach at home!


I started with a white tablecloth and added light blue ruffled place mats. Then I used turquoise metallic chargers topped with white Gibson Claremont plates and finally turquoise capiz shell bread and butter plates.I also used Colonial Shell flatware and ruffled seersucker napkins with white napkin rings.






My centerpiece is a sparkly, beaded placemat topped with a large melamine shell bowl from Target (years ago) filled with blue marbles, shells and a cute crab!

My fish salt and pepper shakers and seashell place card holders complete the table.


Even my tea cart gets a beachy makeover!



It's a little hard to see but the mantle is done very simply with a light blue vase full of bubbly looking silvery pearl stems and silver mercury glass candle holders and light blue candles.

6 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my goodness, this is a most beautiful setting! I love those pretty aqua Shell bowls on top of the White...so summery! You have a beautiful dining room. Thanks for sharing. Big hugs,
FABBY

Tea in Texas said...

You have created a wonderful summery beach tablescape with the aqua and white colors. The blue shells are the perfect accent on each place setting. Have a fun week and keep dreaming about your vacation!

pam

thepaintedapron.com said...

aqua is my new favorite color so I had to check out your table! It looks fabulous and I love how you carried the color over to that adorable tea cart!!
Jenna

xinex said...

What a cool beachy tablescapes, Jewel. I love those colors...Christine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh I love that! It's elegant and casual both. I love your centerpiece, what a neat idea!
Oh that beach vacation sounds really quite wonderful!
Hugs,
Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I am loving this table again, Miss Carolina...as I love your entire dining room, it's so lovely and elegant! Big hugs,
FABBY