Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Are You Going to Buttercup Faire?

When my daughter Emily was still in High School, we were at T J Maxx and saw lots of Spode Buttercup Faire china on clearance. She loved it, so we bought all they had. THEN we found out it was being discontinued. :-( We kept a lookout on Ebay and Replacements and she has quite a nice collection now. So last time she was home from college, she asked if she could do a tablescape for my blog. Here it is:



One of the fun things about this pattern is that there are several sub-patterns so you can mix and match. The two tables above vary because we changed the salad plate.

Emily used a yellow tablecloth, green straw place mats, white napkins, green glassware and put either a mug or a teacup and saucer at each place setting.

For the centerpiece, she used a yellow vase with zinnias and flanked that with golden candlesticks with a green and orange candle ring and white candle.




I love both looks!

I will be sharing with Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen
and


9 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a beautiful spring table!
Your daughter chose wisely.
:-)
Cass

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love that china!
And the table is set so pretty, kudos to your daughter!
Cindy

Diane said...

Tell Emily that she did a beautiful job with her tablescape! I have never seen this pattern before, but I love how colorful it is. The yellows and greens are so perfect for this time of the year. Thanks for sharing!

Marlis said...

Gorgeous pattern. I can see this being used so often. Love the versatility with the different plates. She did an awesome job setting this up. xo marlis

Marigene said...

Oh my, what a beautiful china pattern, it is easy to see why your daughter loved it. It is so cheery, like the sun shining down on your table.
Both salad plates make for a gorgeous table.
Have a great week, Jewel...

Sarah said...

What fun happy dishes! I smiled at the thought of your daughter wanting to start a collection of these dishes while she was in high school. Smart young lady! '-)
I think you've successfully passed on the "dishware" gene. ~ Sarah

Kathleen said...

So pretty and cheerful! Great dishes, glad we have a tablescaper in the making there! :)

Alycia Nichols said...

I THOUGHT those first two pictures looked different, but it wasn't until I read it that I was able to confirm it in my slow brain!!! That is GREAT that the dishes are interchangeable like that!!! And what a cute pattern! Perfect for Spring and Summer dining! Tell Emily she did a fantastic job!!!

I'm sorry I missed this post when it first came out. Do you have a button for us to click on if we want to receive an email notification that you have posted? I can't find it on here anywhere, but that could very well be because I'm a ditz. I hate to miss posts! :-(

I hope you have a great week, Jewel, and a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!!!

labbie1 said...

Lovely and summery! Good Job!